Recent Posts

Pages: Next page
I watched @Novabug live game testing last night which I enjoyed.

I don't always get chance to watch it live, but I enjoy watching it when I do.

Anyway, Novabug tested a game last night which I think would make a great two player game on the GX4000 so thought would get it sorted out.

Here is....

THE RACE

The game is now Joypads only.

Joypad 1 UP or DOWN to select one or two Players.
Console Pause Button to Pause, unpause.
Joypad Button 1 to Accelerate, Down to Brake, Button 2 for Turbo.
Use Console Pause Button or Joypad 2 to pass highscore table.

I've included a poked version with Infinte Time.
Totally unknown, like a lot of these budget games from Mastertronic, Player Premier, etc... Particularly in France. Thank you for the discover. The game seems to be fun, based on the Led Storm concept but for two players and without any other cars, just obstacles to avoid. Have you seen the explosion of the car is made with multiple '0" character?  ;D
I watched @Novabug live game testing last night which I enjoyed.

I don't always get chance to watch it live, but I enjoy watching it when I do.

Anyway, Novabug tested a game last night which I think would make a great two player game on the GX4000 so thought would get it sorted out.

Here is....

THE RACE

The game is now Joypads only.

Joypad 1 UP or DOWN to select one or two Players.
Console Pause Button to Pause, unpause.
Joypad Button 1 to Accelerate, Down to Brake, Button 2 for Turbo.
Use Console Pause Button or Joypad 2 to pass highscore table.

I've included a poked version with Infinte Time.

Technical Support / Re: CPC 464 - very quiet speaker audio
« Last post by gw0udm on Today at 21:00 »
Thanks - any particular likely culprits? There are a lot of small capacitors scattered around and they look OK but obviously difficult to conclude much from that.

I'm sure it's something with the electronics, I've checked the speaker and that looks fine but I resoldered everything for good measure.

James
Applications / Re: New customisable firmware (lower ROM).
« Last post by Duke on Today at 20:33 »
Thanks, if it's the only mod, it makes sense!
It is.

For a ROM>15 I guess there is more work to do.
I don't think so, if you want to achieve the same as I do with the modified lowerrom (make games/programs that use firmware and re-init roms compatible). Just replace 6 with 31 and put M4 rom in slot 31, that should work I think.
Technical Support / Re: External 12V cable broken
« Last post by Bryce on Today at 17:51 »
I think I still have a couple of original spares. I'll check and let you know.

Bryce.
« Last post by Lardo Boffin on Today at 16:45 »
Thanks Eto. The cable should be straight forward it was the grommet / strain relief part I wasn’t sure about.
« Last post by eto on Today at 14:35 »
I have never seen spare parts like this being sold. But you probably can make a replacement cable easily. The connectors are standard parts and can be bought in the usual electronic shops or even on Ebay. Just make sure that the central pin of the 12V connector is negative (GND) while the outer barrel is +12V. Check here for details: http://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/Power_Supply_for_CPC_and_CPC_plus

GOTEK is also an option. You don't need the 12V then anymore. If you want it cheaper, you have to make one your own. Get a Gotek, flash it with the FlashFloppy firmware and make a little adapter for the floppy cable. And you will also need a 3d printed caddy to fit it into the drive bay. If you don't have a printer, you can get them from Ebay. Honestly, if you need to buy every part, it probably is not worth it to make it yourself.

Programming / Re: TXT Windows
« Last post by IndyUK on Today at 14:35 »
I think you're supposed to select the stream you want to define before creating the window, otherwise you're just redefining the default #0 stream each time.

Then you can switch between them as and when you like.
Hi
You were 100% correct.  :doh: I hadn't quite grapsed what the &BBB4 firmware call was actually trying to say. The documentation is not very clear unless you get that sudden light bulb moment (or someone kindly gives you a pointer). The code is working now. I guess it's on we go.

Thanks for your help.
Applications / Re: New customisable firmware (lower ROM).
« Last post by m_dr_m on Today at 13:52 »
Thanks, if it's the only mod, it makes sense!

For a ROM>15 I guess there is more work to do.
I wonder what @SyX does for firmware 3.15, since there the ram-allocation-table-for-roms at &b8da is only 16 entries long (thanks @OffseT ).
Technical Support / External 12V cable broken
« Last post by Lardo Boffin on Today at 13:49 »
Hello all

I recently got a spare 6128 for a reasonable price (untested) and it works apart from the external 12V cable - when I got it the disc drive didn’t work so after a bit of swapping around and plugging in an external drive I found it was the 12V cable. I borrowed the cable from my main 6128 and the drive worked fine.

Does anyone in the UK sell these?

If a replacement is not possible then what are the options? Would a gotek work ok as it only needs 5V? Given that they seem to be around £50 to £60 on a popular auction site are there any cheaper options?

Thanks!

Pages: Next page