News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Recent posts

Quote from: Targhan on Today at 18:18I didn't choose the CPC. It chose me.
Yeah!  Whole universe was create because God wanted to you got CPC. :)
The mouse needs a NOT gate for each direction. And that's all. I once made something similar to ST mouse.
Years later I thought that even that wouldn't be necessary. Just supply 5V to pin 7 in mouse, e.g. from pin 5 or 9 from CPC through diodes. That is, from the unused "mass" to the second joystick or from Fire3. I don't remember which direction the current flows. And instead of NOT gates, replace up<>down and right<>left. And theoretically it should work. But I don't have CPC at hand to check it.
Programming / Re: Playing music with BASIC
Last post by Deevee - Today at 19:43
I wonder if we are not saying the same thing with different words ^^
Emulators / Re: dMagnetic 0.26 - Magnetic ...
Last post by genesis8 - Today at 19:38
v0.37 is out since May 2023 at Dmagnetic
They were our school's official "computer class" computers, which meant there was a steady stream of games available for swapping :D We also used them to produce our student magazine. When a classmate of my brother sold his 6128, I begged my dad to get it for me, and he relented.

A few years later the school got IBM PCs and let the CPCs go for a song, so I picked up two more for around 10 DM (5€) each.
The terrible thing is, I only have one of the school CPCs left in my possession, and I have literally no idea what happened to the other two.

I didn't choose the CPC. It chose me.
43% it's not everybody.
A
Last post by andycadley - Today at 16:08
Quote from: Deevee on Today at 16:05Seuquenciality of the music is not the main issue I see to the usage of DATA statements. There are workarounds to that.
The biggest problem would be if the main program get interurpted by the player while reading DATA itself, I think.

BASIC will do all of that for you, generating a call into the relevant ON SQ for you as required to fill queues up. The tricky bit is you don't really know when each will occur, which is why the DATA being sequential can be awkward (unless you read them all into arrays initially anyway).
Last post by Deevee - Today at 16:05
I'm trying to put together something via Arkos RAW format. Idk how much time it wil take (probably a couple of days).
Quote from: andycadley on Today at 15:35A BASIC interrupt driven music player (using ON SQ) shouldn't actually have that much impact since it queues up notes and handles then in assembly anyway (so doesn't need to respond too precisely). Structuring data to be read is probably the trickier part, DATA statements aren't great since you can only READ them sequentially and that doesn't fit well with music structure. Probably would need to be a bunch of arrays.

Sequenciality of the music is not the main issue I see to the usage of DATA statements. There are workarounds to that.
The biggest problem would be if the main program get interurpted by the player while reading DATA itself, I think.
For many years I had a 3inch drive as drive A in my PC. 3" floppy system disk formatted in DOS 5.0.  :P