News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Recent posts

Games / Re: The Key, a A "full" point ...
Last post by Mr. DVG - Today at 05:45
The solution of the English version on my YouTube channel... not to be seen for those who don't want spoilers! ;) 

Games / Re: The Key, a A "full" point ...
Last post by ldaneels - Today at 05:24
The game is about half an hour long on the first playthrough and 5 minutes when you know what you're doing. A save function is not all that necessary.
Otherwise, there is the Mirage Imager, which I believe would let you save your state on a real CPC...
@eto That's great. Thanks a lot for checking it! Actually there are two things still to do. One is that I have 60hz output and I can see it is not 100% smooth (even if not visible on this video), because it doubles the frame from time to time. I am just experimenting with 50.08hz output. It is 100% smooth then but there are other issues and it only works on one monitor out of 3 that I have. Still, I could add a switch so it would be possible to have 60hz that works on every monitor, or 50 that is 100% smooth.
Other thing is how I handle shorter hsync at this point. I need to start scanning .5us earlier for each 1us that hsync is shorter. I only handle 3 and 4 us vsync at this point. After csync goes down, I wait 3.5us whatever csync value is and then wait until csync goes up. If it was 3us hsync, then it is already up, and I start scanning, but if it was 4us, then I wait until full 4us (.5us longer). That gives me .5us shift and makes scroll smooth. But from what I read, there are options (not recommended but I believe still used) to have even shorter hsync. I will need to handle them, too. 

@McArti0 I Just used voltage comparators. There are only 3 possible levels of each color in Amstrad so I just made use of it. Of course this solution will be Amstrad only. I tried a couple comparators to find something cheap and fast enough. At this point I sticked to 3x TLV3202. They are $1.50 each and they are fast enough. I had a lot of noise on output but I managed to filter out most of it with capacitors. Some of it may be because I still have it on a some shitty breadboard when comparator's docs say a lot about how accurately it has to be placed on a pcb to avoid noise.
First I wanted to use ADCs in RP2040, but they are just too slow.
The output from comparators (and input to RP2040) are two pins for each color. One is high if there is full brightness, and other is high if there is half or full brightness. That is also how I keep it in memory.
@gregg

How did you make the ADC input? Anything additional than the 2040 PCB?
T
Games / Re: WIP Transversion
Last post by Typhon - Yesterday at 23:35
I've done some optimisation and additional work, though its not smooth or speedy enough yet. But its an enjoyable process to do so. I've got collision detection switched off for development purposes.

Amstrad CPC hardware / Re: VGA through rpi pico - How...
Last post by eto - Yesterday at 23:16
Quote from: gregg on Yesterday at 08:16Does relentless look OK on this video, or do you see the same issue that you have seen on scan doublers? (Sorry I made a video with phone so it may be a bit shaky)
I haven't played it for quite some time now so I don't know if it's 100% accurate but it definitely looks better than anything I have ever seen on a LCD.

This is absolutely awesome. 

Games / Re: Galastrad - [ wip ]
Last post by CyrilAmstrad - Yesterday at 23:16
Game is released today , the 4th of May , " May be the 4th be with you " ^^
DL Page game link : https://gamejolt.com/games/GALASTRAD_2024/891305
Amstrad CPC hardware / Re: I found it. My DIY hardwar...
Last post by McArti0 - Yesterday at 22:56
Quote from: dodogildo on Yesterday at 22:31Will you put the schematics on wiki?
It never had the schematic. I don't remember what an IC is without a marking. That was 30 years ago.  ;D

I only remember the main assumptions. The Amiga mouse is a primitive mouse clocked straight from the photocells of the direction wheels.
Seems it works nicely. Will you put the schematics on wiki?