News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Recent posts

Games / Re: The Key, a A "full" point ...
Last post by dodogildo - Today at 21:33
Quote from: Targhan on Today at 20:49Come on, this is 2024... At least allow 128k users to use that, or generate a password or something... My problem is that this once again dismisses players that want to play it on the real machine.
I totally agree.
ok work! youtube uploading video. :D
Last post by Targhan - Today at 20:49
Come on, this is 2024... At least allow 128k users to use that, or generate a password or something... My problem is that this once again dismisses players that want to play it on the real machine.
never connect the pins this way.

I pushed the IORQ pin apart and now it doesn't connect to the socket without it.
Games / Auto Amy DX
Last post by EgoTrip - Today at 20:03
I have uploaded a new version of Auto Amy, with some bug fixes, quality of life improvements, and a new mechanic.

Conveyor belts can switch their direction when you press the action (A) button, when Amy is moving.

There are also new levels, 40 in total. This is more of an update to the old game than a whole new game, but I couldn't find a way to edit the post.

T
Last post by trocoloco - Today at 20:00
Quote from: Targhan on Today at 19:39I started playing it, it seems rather interesting but... come on, no save game on disk, only on tape?!
Once again a game that forces us to play on emulator and not on a real machine :(.
what they said at Retropolis 2024 is that this is due to no memory left to implement the disc saving game routine
oh my  :picard:
Last post by Targhan - Today at 19:39
I started playing it, it seems rather interesting but... come on, no save game on disk, only on tape?!
Once again a game that forces us to play on emulator and not on a real machine :(.
Hello,

Firstly, just wanted to say thank you for such a great forum - I've been a long time lurker and read so many helpful posts on here that have helped get my 464's and 6128 fully functioning. I was never a CPC user back in the day, but I have a growing collection of retro computers!

I have a CTM 644 that wasn't working, but having replaced the HOT it seems to be back to life again. However, the vertical hold adjuster on the rear seems to need tweaking every time I power on the machine connected to it, else I have a rolling image or an image that is out of sync, split with part of the black border. If I leave the screen on for a bit, occasionally it'll start rolling very slowly too. The adjustment seems to be very sensitive, very small adjustments required, is that normal? Before I go desoldering and hunting for a suitable replacement 20k POT as I don't have anything to hand, I wondered if it's there's a common issue I might be missing? It's got the Z70215 PCB. Other than that, it shows a good, clear picture when it's not rolling!

Thank you!