News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Recent posts

I just gave it a try and it works great. So I found a 50 pin SCSI cable, cut it in half, and soldered it to the empty holes on the main PCB. I put in on the bottom, so it does not hurt the looks too much. I only might need to extend the reset switch on the Ulifac and 3D print a button that fits non destructively through the grill in the back.
Games / Re: Converted GX4000 .cpr - Th...
Last post by GUNHED - Yesterday at 23:56
Quote from: cwpab on Yesterday at 14:10
Quote from: MadMax2023 on Yesterday at 11:24By the way I see no one spoke about, it's not really a true conversion so I won't post the file, but interesting recent release "The Key" works pretty well on the GX doing a simple format convertion dsk => cpr. I made a cart of it and finished it (it is quite short, it is the 1st part), I never expected such kind of adventure game on the GX.
Now imagine connecting an AMX Mouse and being able to move the cursor. Which of course is impossible.
Just use the joystick port to plug in the AMX mouse (and to make it perfect add one diode for 3rd button inside the GX4000).
Games / Re: Converting games to .CPR c...
Last post by GUNHED - Yesterday at 23:52
Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 14:38, 24 May 24
Quote from: GUNHED on 13:12, 24 May 24Thanks for this thread!!! Especially for bigger games using more RAM the CPR format is desirable.
This also may be a push to release new games / demos / applications on CPR too (which recently works very well).  :)
I never thought I'd see the day I'd actually agree with TFM...
(fuck, I must be going soft!)
That's because we've never had a beer together.  ;)
D
GFX + Tunes / Re: Amstrad music
Last post by dal - Yesterday at 23:30
D
GFX + Tunes / Re: Amstrad music
Last post by dal - Yesterday at 23:29
Titanic
Handle the SLK (sylk) format as it is in Multiplan under CPM as well as in the new Excel
Prodatron,  you are insane...  :o
I run into trouble,  next time I give students a guest lecture. How to explain, the CPC is from the 80s ?  ;)

Steven
N
Games / Re: Amstrad Nightmares?
Last post by Nich - Yesterday at 20:56
Quote from: andycadley on 10:07, 24 May 24Surely the absolute worst has to be Count Duckula 2. It's already a terrible port of an abysmal Speccy game, one that ranks amongst the all time worst on that machine. But they broke it during the conversion, preventing Duckula from jumping higher than the top of the screen, which makes a whole slew of screens impossible to complete without just using the superhero screen bypass power up thing.
I owned a copy of Count Duckula 2 that didn't have the bug on the second screen. I dumped a CDT file of it and it's available on CPC-POWER, so not all copies of the game are bugged. Unfortunately the bugged version has been around for so long that it's become the accepted story that the game has always been bugged (leaving aside the obvious point that the rest of the game is atrocious in every way).
S
Games / Re: The Key, a A "full" point ...
Last post by St-BeidE(DE/GB) - Yesterday at 20:44
@Nadori Had another test this evening.
I successfuly saved a basic program, I wrote myself.
After a couple of tests, I was also able to load that program. Finding the correct volume adjustment is mandatory.
I loaded and saved a couple of times, to verify everything works.

So I loaded "The key" from disc. Played a few seconds
(got the letter, for example...), saved the game on tape
via menue.
Powercycled the CPC.
Loaded the game and tried to load the saved progress.
No chance.

I get an "OI ERROR" shown on screen.
(No typo)
Ok, this is seriously impressive and ambitious! 

Can you explain the bit about calculation in any direction? I didn't know it was a limitation back in the day, but why was it so?