News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Recent posts

Checked it again in the service manual.

Odd PIN numbers are all signals and even are all GND.

In normal shugart or PC connectors those pins would be 2-34

SHGT or PC
2 /DCD or /Density
4 /INUSE or NC
6 /DS3 or NC
Games / Re: The Key, a A "full" point ...
Last post by XeNoMoRPH - Today at 12:22
how it was made

I
Programming / Re: My 2D platformer in BASIC
Last post by IndyUK - Today at 12:07
Quote from: VincentGR on Today at 11:27Shift+F4 gives you 1000x.
Dunno if it is fixed or depends on your CPU.
That's too much and makes it completely unplayable. Besides, as I stated, this type of boost also affects the sound interrupt therefore speeding that up as well. I think the turbo option is perfect, I just need to balance things. I'll be working on getting vertical platforms and maybe moving enemies. Once I have these working, then I can look at balancing things out.

As I side note - I'm looking into the FastBasic compiler to convert into machine code to help speed things up. Having some issues with that at present but will probably create a new post for that as I'm unfamiliar with it's workings. 
Last post by VincentGR - Today at 11:27
Shift+F4 gives you 1000x.
Dunno if it is fixed or depends on your CPU.
I
Last post by IndyUK - Today at 11:23
Quote from: ZorrO on 04:17, 28 April 24How much turbo it need?
Not sure of the value as I use the Turbo option in Winape. Even this is beginning to get a bit slow because I keep adding more features but, still playable. Boosting the frequency will take care of the slowness but, that affects the interrupts and so everything is uplifted by the same ratio, making it unplayable. I think once I have all the features working, then I will reduce the number of screen assets to something more manageable. 
Games / Re: Fruity Frank Steve Wallis
Last post by eto - Today at 11:15
too sad the CPC version is so bad - the concept seems to be fun. 
Games / Re: The Key, a A "full" point ...
Last post by ||C|-|E|| - Today at 07:44
It looks really amazing, I have been itching for something like this in the CPC.
Have you often confirmed that pin1 244 is 0?
Interesting read, seems like a very modest guy. A few interesting tidbits about the development of the GX and it's games too.

Quote«In Ocean I realized everything I still had to learn. "It's been almost 40 years and I'm still learning new things."

https://www.retromaniacmagazine.com/2024/04/en-ocean-me-di-cuenta-de-todo-lo-que.html

English & Spanish text,  Author: @Dubliner