News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Recent posts

Games / Re: Adapting loading screens t...
Last post by Brundij - Today at 22:12
Cyrille Gouret made a DSK with the new screen:

You cannot view this attachment.
Amstrad CPC hardware / Re: Other Video Cards
Last post by McArti0 - Today at 21:37
@Benedikt
Orthodoxy looks like this. If you add anything that wasn't available in the 80s and early 90s, it's not retro and it's not CPC. No one will write even a broken line of code for it.
Quote from: Bryce on Today at 12:06Did the RAM ever arrive and get installed?
If mmldrm fixes this CPC, he will have to give it back. Would you give away your first CPC in your life?  ;D Besides, here mmldrm learns digital electronics.
We are wating for 74LS02 and Breadboard for test 373. We have diods to test 244. We are waiting for some time.

mmldrm is reading z80 manual Fig 4-8.
Games / Re: Enter the contest for the ...
Last post by BZHGames - Today at 20:37
Hello everyone,

A message to inform you of the new "Challenge" option in the Amstrad section on BZHGames is now available.

You can create your own public or private challenge by selecting the game(s) you want to add to your challenge.
In "public" mode, your challenge is visible and accessible to everyone. In "private" mode, only the players you have invited can see and register for your challenge (ideal for playing with friends).
The challenge can contain 1 to 6 games and you define its duration (2 months maximum).

I hope you like this new option :)

If you have any comments or suggestions, please do not hesitate to write to me.

Have fun
Games / Re: Bubble Quest - GX4000/CPC...
Last post by BSC - Today at 20:29
I have announced a Catweazle-themed game to my little brother around 35 years ago. Haven't written a single line of code yet. 8)
The adapter PCBs will fit into the keyboard connector of the CPC. I made them when I wanted to make a keyboard extension. For this project a modified version needs to be done that has only a single row.
Games / Re: Bubble Quest - GX4000/CPC...
Last post by dthrone - Today at 19:32
Quote from: cwpab on Today at 16:59I wanted to write "TIME FROM ANNOUNCEMENT TO RELEASE (IF ANY)".  ;D

I lost my initial message by the old method of selecting some text, pressing "DEL"... and accidentally being returned to the previous page after losing the textbox focus.  ???

haha, maybe you can do your table as a new topic, announcement timing is an interesting topic in itself.  Not as a way to pressure devs of course :P Sonic GX deserves an honourable mention I think, currently at 4.5 years since announcement.  6128+ Ghosts & Goblins announced something like 8 years ago now but is defo still in development so is possibly topping the leaderboard!
Quote from: Bryce on Today at 12:18some work in this direction has been done in the past. I know I've seen details of a modern KC Compact design using all western 74 Series IC's, complete with a PCB layout. This could save you a lot of the initial groundwork. Maybe someone here knows where it can be found. If not, I can check my archives too.
I am only aware of a modern redesign of the expansion unit that contains the floppy disk controller and the upper 64 KiB of RAM.
If there is a redesign of the system board, too, that could indeed be interesting.