News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Recent posts

S
Games / Re: The Key, a A "full" point ...
Last post by St-BeidE(DE/GB) - Today at 10:14
Funny puzzle !
Well done  :D
Thank you very much for your effort.

Steven
Programming / Playing music with BASIC
Last post by PulkoMandy - Today at 10:05
Hello,

So, I may be working on a BASIC demo for a possible BASIC demo context in an upcoming demoparty.

Of course, no assembler code is allowed. Which means if I want to play music, I have to do it in BASIC as well.

I think such things exist in some old CPC games, but are there tools to do it? Or am I completely on my own entering endless lists of DATA statements with note frequencies and durations?
Games / Re: Ghosts'n Goblins for Amstr...
Last post by Gryzor - Today at 09:21
More than great I'd say!
Last post by Gryzor - Today at 09:16
https://twitter.com/jsureda/status/1786118066004271440

("correct" tweet format for embedding)
Quote from: chinnyhill10 on Yesterday at 21:03Twitter, never going back. Poisonous site.
Not sure what "very good for the techy people" means. Mastodon's benefits are the same for every interest group. Yes, techy people may overcome its shortcomings, but those shortcomings basically guarantee that it'll never really take off unless something basic changes in the way it works. I consider myself to be one of those 'techy people' perhaps but I'm not willing to put up with its idiosyncrasies. For me the best social medium is the group me and a few pals have on Signal. Does this mean it's a good medium overall? Probably not.

I don't think Mastodon hit critical mass at any point and is currently withering away. Not very good for anyone.

Twitter? Yeah fuck that, I almost never visit it nowadays sadly. It's still good if you use a third party client, but Musk's stupidity and utter lack of acumen destroyed all good ones.
@eto Does relentless look OK on this video, or do you see the same issue that you have seen on scan doublers? (Sorry I made a video with phone so it may be a bit shaky)

One more horizontal scroll test with Skate Wars:

Last post by genesis8 - Today at 07:45
Quote from: Nich on Yesterday at 17:45
Quote from: GUNHED on 16:25, 02 May 24Well, just add a ZIP here...  :)

Did you not read XeNoMoRPH's earlier post first?
The riddle is easy, they rewrote it so it's easier now, for example I was typing the word at the wrong place, and in reverse order...

It's worth the effort to play the game.
I also had problems with one of the PALS and if I remember I had problems selecting the correct software to program.
You cannot view this attachment.

The ribbon visually looks OK. Tricky bit, I guess, is that the connector is soldered into the PCB. 

I would check the edge connector, maybe re-crimp and maybe reflow the pcb side as a first stab.

BTW I made myself a clone and have spare PCBs if you are interested.

You cannot view this attachment.
Hi,

I picked up the MF2 in a box of stuff with a CPC that I bought.  It had a couple of dead PAL chips (IC4/5) which I replaced with GAL16V8's but I discovered by checking the ribbon that there's a number of cables in the ribbon that are either dead or dodgy.  It wasn't working at all when plugged in initially - the CPC booted to a black screen (no raster).  The ground in the ribbon is broken so if I connect ground with a wire from the CPC to the MF2, I can get the menu up when pressing STOP but it crashes when I select an item with the keyboard.  I then checked the ribbon and found some broken wires.  RESET button also doesn't work (although the switch tests fine) - I suspect there's another broken part of the ribbon going to RESET that's NC.

Pic attached,

Cheers,

Mark.
Yeah,

another thing would be:

Turn on the drive first (but get the Amstrad CPC power connected). If the drive motor spins, turn it off. Wrong way.