News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Recent posts

This sounds like a fascinating project.

Using SRAM in an Amstrad is non-straightforward due to timing issues, but it's not hard to fix. I haven't had a chance yet to publish any details of how I did it, but feel free to ask.

Also, if there's anything in my projects that's of use you're welcome to them. https://github.com/Bread80 

The CPC Modular repository is not up to date but may well be useful. I created the project to break out the CPC into parts which I could work on separately. I now have a functioning backplane which breaks out almost all the standard Amstrad signal lines (or they could be repurposed). I'm planning a new version which fixes some layout issues.
R
Programming / Re: 8BP
Last post by Robert_Lee - Today at 12:25
Hello good

I have created an IDE to use with 8BP

For this he used AutoPlay Media Studio

The buttons are to open different programs (Graphic Editor, Tiled, Text Editor...) and also, by clicking on Menu 8BP, open the manual.

Here an image:

It's very simple, but it does the job

Maybe more programs can be added to the menu, but right now I can't think of anything else.
Games / Re: Burnin' Rubber review from...
Last post by lmimmfn - Today at 12:09
Quote from: andycadley on Today at 11:24Yeah, I feel like Burnin' Rubber takes a lot of the flack for being the GX pack in game and doesn't necessarily deserve it all. I do think it was an odd choice to go with a game style the hardware isn't naturally suited to, but I guess it was constrained into fitting into half of a small cartridge too.

how much space does it take on the cartridge?
A
Last post by andycadley - Today at 11:24
Yeah, I feel like Burnin' Rubber takes a lot of the flack for being the GX pack in game and doesn't necessarily deserve it all. I do think it was an odd choice to go with a game style the hardware isn't naturally suited to, but I guess it was constrained into fitting into half of a small cartridge too.
K
Games / Re: Turbo The Tortoise Amstrad...
Last post by kawickboy - Today at 10:33
Is there any difference between thz 2 releases ?
K
Games / Re: Bar War
Last post by kawickboy - Today at 10:32
Tapper remake ?
K
Last post by kawickboy - Today at 10:31
That's more a GX4000 review than a burning rubber review. Overall a not so bad review.
Demos / Re: 38 years old demo unearthe...
Last post by McArti0 - Today at 10:15
Quote from: BSC on Yesterday at 00:27I feel so old now ... 
it was in the times when crocodiles danced on the ground. :-X :laugh:
Demos / Re: 38 years old demo unearthe...
Last post by MaV - Today at 09:44
Quote from: rexbeng on Yesterday at 11:58OH NOES! :o  You changed history! Now Hicks will have to track down and burn all the books he printed!

AND he'll have a good chance to succeed in this endeavour. Think of François Toulour in Ocean's Twelve where he evades the lasers in the high security room. Nobody will be safe! :D
Amstrad CPC hardware / Re: Other Video Cards
Last post by eto - Today at 09:19
Quote from: SerErris on Today at 08:23The classic henn and egg problem.
Not necessarily. It was already discussed in other threads and Benedikt also mentioned it: 

With a graphics card that mirrors the lower RAM and mimics/emulates the GateArray/CRTC combo it could be possible to build a perfect DVI/HDMI output. Instead of connecting the CRT to the normal output you would connect the graphics card to a LCD. Slightly enhanced it could even support the Plus graphics features. And from there on it should be possible to implement further graphics modes or add more features like sprites, tiles, bit blitting, drawing graphics primitives and so on. 

I personally would love to have a system that I turn on and I can use in a proper resolution with a nice UI to navigate my collection - and then it smoothly switched into CPC modes where I use the original software as it was supposed to be used. 

The adoption would not result from the "graphics card" feature but from the fact that it makes the CPC more accessible and easy to connect to a modern LCD - and then it becomes interesting for a much bigger audience than if its just a graphics card on its own that you have to connect to a different monitor or where you have to switch cables when you use it. 

It could even be based on something as cheap as a Raspberry Pico - or more likely on a (hopefully coming soon) successor with more GPIO and more RAM. Hardware costs could be as low as 10-20€.