News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Recent posts

GFX + Tunes / Re: Requesting feedback on mus...
Last post by mr_lou - Today at 15:09
Made a new Amstrad CPC conversion of one of my tracks: "Happyland Quest" - https://indiegamemusic.com/5610

Amstrad CPC preview MP3:
https://indiegamemusic.com/diskspace/mr_lou/HappylandQuestAT1.mp3

(Apologies for the shitty slow webhost. It's been nothing but trouble for years. Should find a new one, just don't know who - and too lazy to move everything).

I'm also curious to hear from Amstrad CPC gamedevs: How many bytes (max) do you prefer a tune to use?
Dear all,

I made a joystick this weekend. 
It has autofire via battery compartment (4.5V)
and Attiny84. 
May somebody point me to a game that supports
the second button, so I can test it?
Thanks in advance 

Steven
Off topic / Re: Funny computer pictures
Last post by ZorrO - Today at 14:46
Yeah. What's wrong with those Pythones on picture?  ::)
N
Games / Re: Fighting Fantasy on CPC
Last post by Nich - Today at 14:19
Quote from: zhulien on Today at 13:27What is the game play like in the cpc games?

I admit I don't really know! They're both text adventures, which I'm not really a fan of. I only own them because I can add them to my Fighting Fantasy collection.
Last post by dodogildo - Today at 13:42
Seems C+VG liked it back in the day:

Last post by zhulien - Today at 13:27
Quote from: Nich on Yesterday at 21:44
Quote from: zhulien on Yesterday at 21:36I was looking through the Fighting Fantasy wiki and was surprised to see mention of 3 Fighting Fantasy games having been released on CPC.  Is that true?  Has anybody seen them in the wild?

Only two of them were released for the CPC - Seas of Blood and Rebel Planet. I have copies of both of these games, and they're very hard to obtain (and consequently quite expensive to buy when they do appear).

Temple of Terror was advertised but never released for the CPC.

As an aside, I also have a complete collection of Fighting Fantasy books, which I achieved in the mid to late 2000s. You'll be astonished how much some of the later books in the series sell for nowadays! :o
I Also collect the books but I have 4 missing, they are too expensive but one day I might be lucky.  They are still making new books, a new death trap dungeon sequel imminent. 

What is the game play like in the cpc games?
Spoke too soon, it's started again! Someone know now if I fixed it temporarily or if it just stopped and started of it's own accord.
Quote from: josepprada on Today at 09:30I check IC15, these values are not fixed:
choose the game with the whitest scene and the blackest scene and check again how high and low the voltages on these pins go.
The original design for the B drive on a 6128 was to use the normal FD-1 with a normal cable. So the 6128 is indeed prepared for the 5V lines. Also those lines are anyhow signal lines with active low. So the only problem would be if the CPC would pull them down. But as that never happens it is not a problem that they are high. There is no such thing like power injection. It is power will get pulled. And as this is correct voltage level even if it would be connected to something that is internal 5V it would not damage anything.

So from single point of view those lines are unused in the CPC and only used for power supply on DDI-1.
Off topic / Re: Funny computer pictures
Last post by Gryzor - Today at 10:24
Am I missing something?