News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Recent posts

A
Games / Re: Burnin' Rubber review from...
Last post by Anthony Flack - Today at 03:21
Yeah, that's fair. It's a good game that doesn't show the console off particularly well, with its small screen and low framerate. But it's still probably one of the best 8 bit racing games, actually one of my favourites, and has some proper depth. But it's a bit of a sleeper because it's quite technical and you have to memorise the course before you can even hope to get anywhere. I like how they took the trouble to have the course "make sense" spatially; every time the track crosses over itself there's a tunnel.

The qualifying round is a bit pointless but it's still fun to see how well you can do - I've never got better than third. Also I do tend to get around to the third lap and then flip my car.

And there's no way to quit or restart a game. You have to let the clock run down. It's faster to just switch the console off and on again, and then you have to change the stupid controls again. Whoever set up the default controls, I don't know what they were thinking.
Programming / Re: The Heart of Salamanderlan...
Last post by reidrac - Yesterday at 23:07
Progress on the music!

https://social.sdf.org/@reidrac/112351105220854152

957 bytes left, we are getting to the end! :D
Demos / Re: 40 YEARS AMSTRAD MINI DEMO
Last post by krusty_benediction - Yesterday at 21:20
I have finally been able to find some time to work on this project. The following tasks are then completed

Thanks to bndbuild, I'm already able to build a dsk with the demo crunched and a fake part.
It will be almost free for me to add new parts.

I have not yet worked on the task
  • create a bundle to allow the participants to code their effects using the demosystem
that is a prerequisite to allow you to work on your side

As a first view, I have clearly underestimated the size of the demosystem and the music. The current test music is already a bit more than 1kb which is already larger than what I initially allowed to the demosystem + music.
For sure final music will be smaller, i'll be able to earn plenty of bytes on the demosystem too, but i may never be able to reach this 1kb limitation (so the limit of 512 bytes per part is for sure too large to allow many participants).

Hi everybody, any chance to run it with the USIFAC first version + esp8266 module? I have been tried the attached software used to connect the board to the lan to share files with a PC, I have connected an ESP8266 module with the Juno firmware and I'm able to initialized the modem, connect it to my wireless network, and connect a bbs @ 2400 bps  but unluckily the software is not a real terminal so I can receive the pages in ascii mode only. I'm looking for a graphic terminal to connect the USIFAC 1 + esp8266 to the wifi network and browse the bbs' . many thanks
Last post by dthrone - Yesterday at 18:53
Yes, a few LOLs in there ;D   Doesn't look updated any more :-[
Last post by Gryzor - Yesterday at 17:39
Hehe I chuckled. Quite accurate.
@Deevee  :doh: I forgot about that... you are right.
The main difference between the CPC and "the others"
is the way, the joystick is implemented...
and @dodogildo  :doh: yes.. Commando... of course...

Thank you guys !

Steven
The only one I know: Commando!