News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Recent posts

S
Games / Domino - GX4000
Last post by shacpc - Today at 19:36
" ... Adapted to CPR a basic game called DOMINO and made for Microhobby by Julio Marcos. It is very simple but very faithful to the original board game. I have allowed myself the license to version and redefine the keys of this game for the gamepads of the GX4000 consoles, modifying certain aspects of the original game so that it can be played only with a two-shot gamepad, although it can also be played with its original keys and your full options on a cpc/cpc+ with M4 to read CPR files. I hope you nostalgic people enjoy it ... "

More info/download english & spanish version : https://auamstrad.es/videojuegos/domino-gx4000/
Quote from: Dubliner on Today at 19:10I moved about a year ago, but i am still near. I´ve been a couple of times at Bryce´s and i once met a "cpc demoescener" at Retrospiel shop. Wouldn´t surprise me if it was you. Never asked the name :doh:
Haha, possibly.. I think I actually went there, but really just once. What a funny coincidence that would be :D Where do you live now? 
I moved about a year ago, but i am still near. I´ve been a couple of times at Bryce´s and i once met a "cpc demoescener" at Retrospiel shop. Wouldn´t surprise me if it was you. Never asked the name :doh:
Thank you for listening. I think part of the experiment is seeing the range of performances it creates, and the acoustic song about debugging and final doo-wop song are interesting, so it's worth coming back and skipping the ones you don't like.

It Won't Take Time sounds like a song from the 80s celebrating the Amstrad, so that's a win for me, although I know a lot of people will find it dated. I'm still astonished at how good the results are, given that it was created by AI given just a few words of a text prompt. I'm not really comparing the software with a human creator, as much as I am in marvelling at how good it is for a computer, and wondering about where it could go next.

And part 2 here:
https://theretrohour.com/amstrad-cpc-with-roland-perry-pt-2-sinclair-takeover-expanding-the-range-the-retro-hour-ep426/

We continue our celebrations of 40 years of the Amstrad CPC with part 2 of our chat with Roland Perry. This episode dives into the Sinclair acquisition, the transformation of Amstrad after incorporating the Spectrum, the expansion of the CPC line into high-end models, and a peek at some intriguing unreleased prototypes.
Does 
Quote from: Herman on Today at 08:42The user with the nickname of the Irish city, living in the German metropolis of Cologne ...
Are you saying there's another CPC pal in town? 
News & Events / Re: Songs About Coding (on an ...
Last post by BSC - Today at 17:58
Interesting (and scary) experiment. I gave your tracks a listen, but I could not go past "It won't take time", it sounded too generic, repetitive, not engaging. Maybe I'll have another go at the remaining tracks later .. :) 
S
Games / Re: Converted GX4000 .cpr - Th...
Last post by SyX - Today at 17:24
Feel free of making any comment @iXien, I respect your opinion and I learn with every feedback.

The reason for our choice, it was because is not an arcade game, it is a console game. And the nes backgrounds are only in the first levels for putting your focus in learning the gameplay. Then after that, every new screen that you reach will be a prize, hehehe.

Quote from: overange on Today at 15:51With the work that was done with plotting/Flipull+ could it be possible to re-engineer Gazza into the never released Plus Version based on the limited screen shoots?
That is not possible, at least until I can finish the ArnoldGPT. Until then you need to develop a full game, hehehe.
Quote from: overange on Today at 15:51Or even port ChaseHQ 2 from the Speccy and recreate a new version of what could of been?
Well, the game is awful in speccy and the things that we know about the gx4000 version is that the game is terrible in every possible way... the developers are the same of Out Run, Turbo Out Run, Cisco Heat, ... then nothing fun can come from there.

I can show a picture about how this game would look before getting the order of being converted to plus (no IA used here):

Quote from: robcfg on 09:49, 27 April 24It feels so lonely in the Atari 8-Bit category...  :P
Always liked the 800XL, we played Mercenary a lot at a friends place before I got my CPC.  :)
Games / Re: Converted GX4000 .cpr - Th...
Last post by GUNHED - Today at 16:38
Syx, what a nightmare! You be proud that you finished it, because pretty much anybody else would have given up on that thing. However the result is very charming!!!  :) :) :)