News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Recent posts

C
Games / Re: Mighty Castle Adventure [W...
Last post by cwpab - Yesterday at 16:05
For me, the coolest thing about these games is that they show that the Amstrad CPC could do fast action... I mean, if you play some speccy port, you could get the impression that the CPC was slow as hell.
Ah, a bug. I thought it was intentional to make a true black to blue gradient. It looks pretty cool on my Trinitron.
Last post by dodogildo - Yesterday at 15:37
Having a dislike of Mode 0 and its garish colors, I liked both this choice of mode 1 and the melancholic color palette. 
I'd like to see more of this style in future. 

For years we've ben exposed to flamboyant, unplayable, low resolution mode 1 games (with no music) as a pseudo-remedy to terrible speccy ports (which stand on the other end of the spectrum*). I feel both extremes were terrible.

*yeah, spectrum :P
My Ulifac behaves weird after power-on. I need to press reset as well to make the computer work. If I just power it on I see all until
and Locomotive Software Ltd.
I can't do anything as there is no ready and cursor.
If I press reset on the ULIFAC I also get:
ULIfAC Enhanced (3b) + 512Kb Ram
BASIC 1.0
Ready
I would rather have the ULIfAC boot into the CPC 6128 mode directly without the need to reset. How to do that?

Another question:
As the ULIfAC seems to be able to mimic a CPC6128, it must also carry its ROM. Is there a way to mod this ROM to alter the colours. I like border and ink0 to be 0 (black) and ink1 to be 26 (white).
Games / Re: Background Oscar Z
Last post by Jean-Marie - Yesterday at 15:06
It's a bug due to wrong CRTC timings. It had been discussed here :
https://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/index.php?msg=201483
D
Games / Re: Converted GX4000 .cpr - Th...
Last post by daniel49 - Yesterday at 15:04
Could someone convert the michel futbol master game to .cpr format? I would be eternally grateful, thank you.

I
Programming / Re: 8BP
Last post by ivavilagu - Yesterday at 15:00
Quote from: Robert_Lee on Yesterday at 14:00
Quote from: ivavilagu on 18:16, 13 May 24WyzTracker button for music creation could be added
Thanks for the WyzTracker, I had forgotten

By the way, I think I read that you are involved in another project :)

Yes  ;D  
R
Games / Re: Background Oscar Z
Last post by retro space - Yesterday at 14:50
But you don't know if the game uses that option with intention?
C
Last post by cwpab - Yesterday at 14:00
I accidentally quoted myself, so I will use this message to write something else. Let's see, hmmm....

Okay, so the animations are cool, the game seems fast an responsive... it seems fun.
R
Programming / Re: 8BP
Last post by Robert_Lee - Yesterday at 14:00
Quote from: ivavilagu on 18:16, 13 May 24WyzTracker button for music creation could be added
Thanks for the WyzTracker, I had forgotten

By the way, I think I read that you are involved in another project :)