News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Recent posts

Games / Re: Auto Amy
Last post by EgoTrip - Today at 18:29
Quote from: BlinkyMcGoo on 02:27, 08 April 24This is a nice little puzzler, but it'd be SO much more enjoyable to play if the cursor kept dropping the last selected shape (if there are any left) rather than making you go back and forth for every single one.
I have implemented that for the new version, which should be ready soon. Thanks for the suggestion!
News & Events / Re: AMSTEAM: WIP game streamin...
Last post by GUNHED - Today at 17:45
Quote from: trocoloco on 18:44, 05 April 24I've just made a short video testing the new Abalore's project on a 6128 and its working great!  8)

You should upgrade your M4 firmware  :)
Quote from: SerErris on Today at 16:50Neither is Bryce blind, nor is me. You might be a genius that we have been missing here all the time,  but from what you are writing, it is not the case.

The signal on pin one of 244 is normally generate by the gate array, which means that pin23 of the gate array is an output. It will not react to whatever you do to the line.
Genius McArti for BLINDs.
You cannot view this attachment.
Games / Re: Pinball Magic 2024 (WIP)
Last post by Jean-Marie - Today at 16:55
Thank you for your feedback! To be fair, credits should go to CNGsoft who patiently convert musics to his CHP format. Although I did the SFX, and I'm quite happy with them :) It took me some time to get to grips with CHIPNSFX tracker, but all in all that was quite fun.
I thought about a loading screen, still the main program quickly blackens the screen as it sets up the game palette at the very start. But I could probably change that I guess.
Quote from: McArti0 on Today at 14:04
Quote from: SerErris on Today at 12:46I am not sure I do understand what you mean by stopping GA, GA will only stop if you stop the clock.
Take a look at the illustration in post no. 100. GA stops itself due to the Lo signal on pin 1 of 244. This freezes the clock generator. I'll never believe you could be as blind as Bryce It's not like you.
I am not sure what excuse you have to offend people here.

Neither is Bryce blind, nor is me. You might be a genius that we have been missing here all the time,  but from what you are writing, it is not the case.

The signal on pin one of 244 is normally generate by the gate array, which means that pin23 of the gate array is an output. It will not react to whatever you do to the line. The worst case if you ground that line is, that you will create a direct short and damage the output buffer in the GA.

The gate array does not stop if you pull pin 23 low. It will actually not result in any change of the ga operation whatever you do to pin 23 of the gate array or pin1 of the 244.

You may want to read some of the available documentation.
A very cheap option would be to desolder the rom and put in a socket and a diagnostic eeprom.

That will tell you which ram chip is the problem here.

For all the RAM chips of bank1 check each output pin with the oscilloscope. This may show a stuck bit. However it might be also a problem with addressing. For instance a ram chip might have a singled dead or shorted address line. That would deliver wrong results upon reading as well.

But now with an oscilloscope you can start looking att the 244 enable line

What you are looking for is a square wave of some kinds when CPU wants to write to gate array. At best you solder a button from reset line to gnd to be able to reset the machine while having the oscillator running.

You can also check the other signals from gate array like crtc clock , ras and cas signals. They all need to form nice square waves with 5 volts. Any of those signals going to anything other than 0v or 5V is an indicator for a problem. Also any of those lines permanently stuck to 5V or 0v is as well a problem.
D
Games / Re: Pinball Magic 2024 (WIP)
Last post by DataPro - Today at 15:54

I only play Pinball Magic on Atari ST a long time ago. I just remember I liked the sampled sounds of real pinball machine used in this game.
I don't owne the GX4000 cartridge so I've never played with + version.
I tested this CPC version yesterday and it's very nice. I like to have music and sound FX as it's really well managed.

I just wonder if Titan would like to add one of his wonderful splash screens to push the enhancement to the max.
News & Events / Re: AMSTEAM: WIP game streamin...
Last post by abalore - Today at 15:54
I made a loading screen for Bounder based on the Spectrum screenm if someone wants it:

C
Games / Re: The Key, a A "full" point ...
Last post by cwpab - Today at 15:53
It would be nice for them to release the PAKET engine for free at some point.
Games / Re: The Key, a A "full" point ...
Last post by GUNHED - Today at 14:59
If you guys need a translation into German too, just let me know. I did Orion Prime before.