Recent Posts

Pages: Previous page Next page
Off topic / Re: Is anyone else drunk?
« Last post by Gryzor on Yesterday at 21:12 »
You're in a good place, obviously, that's nice 🙂 Enjoy!
Off topic / Re: Is anyone else drunk?
« Last post by WiltshireWizard on Yesterday at 20:33 »
A year and a half since I posted the opening post, and it's 31st July 2021, 6:30pm (Wiltshire, UK!) and I am drunk again.

Life is good. I'm single as fuck, but that doesn't matter. I have a good job, a nice place to live, I am drinking rum and coke in a two pint flagon, I love CPC games and.... I hope all of you are happy and well!
The C, D and E drives could use the same DPB (not DPH) if they were located on different hardware but since they share the same IDE device I need to adjust the track offset for each. I use the same basic data for the DPB but after the OS calls my FID_D_LOGON routine I alter the offset in the DPB according to the drive number/letter being called for.
Amstrad CPC hardware / Re: 464+ controller port issue
« Last post by Cwiiis on Yesterday at 17:31 »
ah, ok, I guess they just go under that chip, I assumed there must be vias connected to it but obviously a bad assumption :) Also I see that the differences on that IC are down to different board revisions and the chip is actually different.
I don't have or have access to an oscilloscope at the moment, I'd like to eliminate everything possible without one if possible, but perhaps I have already...
« Last post by Bryce on Yesterday at 17:20 »
IC16?? The keyboard outputs of the ASIC go directly to the keyboard connector. Those traces from the ASIC only go under IC16, they are not connected to it.

Bryce.
« Last post by Cwiiis on Yesterday at 17:06 »
I was looking around for pictures of other people's 464+'s... I notice on this photo*, there are no bodges on IC16 at all... (unless they're on the underside I suppose - which seems unlikely?) I'm wondering if this is some kind of fix or mitigation that didn't quite work out? Here's mine**

* https://www.nightfallcrew.com/wp-content/gallery/amstrad_cpc_464_plus/img_1582.jpg?1ad88f
** https://photos.app.goo.gl/5BUETo78oZQePGpi9
« Last post by Cwiiis on Yesterday at 16:35 »
If you have a logic analyser you can connect it up to the ASIC keyboard outputs and observe what happens. It should run in an endless loop of all bits high except for one going low. ie:

Bryce.
Now, do I buy a logic analyser to debug this...  :D
I assume that what might happen is that on one of the scans, it might erroneously have all of the bits low?
If it was scanning correctly, is there a part of the circuit outside of the ASIC that might be worth checking? I guess IC16, given it's connected directly to those lines - are the diode and resistor bodges on there standard?
« Last post by Bryce on Yesterday at 16:26 »
If you have a logic analyser you can connect it up to the ASIC keyboard outputs and observe what happens. It should run in an endless loop of all bits high except for one going low. ie:

Bryce.

Hi,
I have patched Beyond The Ice Palace and added a nice menu to choose the number of buttons and pokes.

I also have hacked to game: If you choose two or three buttons, it's possible to jump in front of a ladder. So joy-up is always climb and fire2 is always jump. IHMO That's the way it's meant to be played.

The zip contains .dsk and .cpr. I have tested it on my real 464 and the Plus version in WinAPE. For the Plus version I'm not sure if it works correctly on real hardware. I have read the notes about the current version, that there were some problems. (So if you tell me how to add a palette fix...)

The zip also contains my assembler sources. My goal is always to provide a joystick only .dsk version which is emulator independent.

Credits go to Looker (crack)

JonB who did the uIDE setup that a number of  us are using will be the expert on this.   I expect that he'll comment.   His system happily assigns drives C: thru P: (excl M: which is already used).

This MAY be something to do with the address/memory space for the DPH?  Normally each drive needs it's own version, certainly of the PCW A:, B: and M: are all different.  But in this IDE situation, in fact, all the extra drives can use the same data, so once you've created one for C: then you don't need extra ones for D: etc, they can use the same address/memory space as C:.   Of course, to do this, then the extra drives MUST be all the same parameters.

Geoff
Pages: Previous page Next page