News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

IRC client for M4?

Started by makinavaja, 22:58, 07 January 24

Previous topic - Next topic

makinavaja

Hi again
Up until months ago, to connect my cpc to the net with the fantastic M4 board I usually used symbos since it included mostly everything I wanted: a decent telnet client, IRC client, ftp,...
Recently my x-mem board died, its not recogniced anymore by symbos, and I cant find it anywhere to purchase it again.
So, the only option left is use the non-symbos software available for the M4.  Recently, kolleykibber released a very good ansi telnet client you can launch from basic, but:
Does exist any non-symbos ftp or irc client for M4 cards?

Prodatron

I never heard about an IRC client for the CPC outside of the SymbOS world. But maybe there are BBS which provide an IRC bridge?
Btw, I have an X-Mem left, just in case if you are interested.

GRAPHICAL Z80 MULTITASKING OPERATING SYSTEM

makinavaja

Quote from: Prodatron on 23:03, 07 January 24I never heard about an IRC client for the CPC outside of the SymbOS world. But maybe there are BBS which provide an IRC bridge?
Btw, I have an X-Mem left, just in case if you are interested.
Hi
Yes, I'm interested.
Anyway, first I would like to do several test before declare that my x-mem board is really dead.

Brocky

you can connect to irc via a telnet client, but from what ive tried, its impossible to send the user/pass on connect with the cpc telnet clients (i havent tried the latest one for M4 yet)

you could maybe setup a irc deamon on a server, and connect to a shell with it available.. 

makinavaja

Hi
Quote from: Brocky on 09:11, 08 January 24you can connect to irc via a telnet client, but from what ive tried, its impossible to send the user/pass on connect with the cpc telnet clients (i havent tried the latest one for M4 yet)

you could maybe setup a irc deamon on a server, and connect to a shell with it available..
Well, what I've done is use the irc bridge offered at bbs.hispamsx.org
Using that I could chat on irc with the new ansi telnet client from kolleykibber, but of course I would prefeare a client for it.
Now with the fujinet for atari 8bit, its time to take another picture similar to those here -> https://flic.kr/s/aHskSLHyRV

Prodatron

Very cool to see all these machines at the same place and connected to each other!

VincentGR

Quote from: Brocky on 09:11, 08 January 24you can connect to irc via a telnet client
Been there, done that.
It's a pain  ;D

HAL6128

Quote from: makinavaja on 22:58, 07 January 24Hi again
Up until months ago, to connect my cpc to the net with the fantastic M4 board I usually used symbos since it included mostly everything I wanted: a decent telnet client, IRC client, ftp,...
Recently my x-mem board died, its not recogniced anymore by symbos, and I cant find it anywhere to purchase it again.
So, the only option left is use the non-symbos software available for the M4.  Recently, kolleykibber released a very good ansi telnet client you can launch from basic, but:
Does exist any non-symbos ftp or irc client for M4 cards?

If the X-mass won't be recognised maybe the Disk-On-Module died which was in my case. Just bought a new one and it was fine again.
...proudly supported Schnapps Demo, Pentomino and NQ-Music-Disc with GFX

Prodatron

X-Mem, not X-Mass :)

HAL6128

...proudly supported Schnapps Demo, Pentomino and NQ-Music-Disc with GFX