News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

what (replacement) case for GX4000 cartridge game?

Started by eto, 09:45, 12 May 23

Previous topic - Next topic

eto

I want to create a cartridge-version of my game Cameronne and would love to have it in a case in my cupboard, like a real release. For a cartridge I can't find anything, where a GX4000 cartridge will fit and is not either too thick or too small for the case.

Should work for small quantities, max. 10, probably only 1. 

Does anyone have an idea or has already found something?

(Could also be used for all those lone cartridges, where the original case was thrown away)

asertus

Hi, maybe you can contact with @AnakinTF , he creates great cartridges and maybe he can print some cartridge boxes or help you with full cartridges.

Bryce

Gerald did a 3D model for the C4CPC. This should be easy to modify back to the original cartridge model for 3D printing.

Bryce.

andycadley

Is it the actual cartridge shell you are after or the box that held the cartridge, manual etc?

eto

Quote from: andycadley on 14:21, 12 May 23Is it the actual cartridge shell you are after or the box that held the cartridge, manual etc?
Yes, i mean the box that holds the cartridge.

eto

Quote from: Bryce on 13:48, 12 May 23Gerald did a 3D model for the C4CPC. This should be easy to modify back to the original cartridge model for 3D printing.
I already have a working 3D model for the cartridge itself. I used one from Thingiverse and adjusted it slightly as the PCB with installed eproms did not really fit into it. Also I could not find matching labels and the ones that come closest are just a tiny bit bigger than the original ones used by Amstrad so I changed the area for the labels.

I also made several versions for a PCB so I can either store just a single game or up to 8 (using DIP switches).

I am just lacking the box/case to make it look like a real one. It's not really crucial, but I would just love to have my own physical cartridge release ;-) and without a box, it's "just another cartridge".

(picture just to illustrate what I have and what I am looking for... still prototype stage.)

eto

Quote from: AnakinTF on 16:13, 12 May 23Cartridge for GX4000 like that?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSOieCjo2uL/?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==
yes, something like that, just as a DIY solution.

For 3" discs you can use cassette cases and print the labels, inlay and manual with a laser printer - and it looks "almost real":

I was wondering if something similar can be done for cartridges too.  

GUNHED

Such boxes would be great, please let me know if they can be bought somewhere.  :) :) :)
http://futureos.de --> Get the revolutionary FutureOS (Update: 2023.11.30)
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)

dthrone

Quote from: GUNHED on 22:33, 12 May 23Such boxes would be great, please let me know if they can be bought somewhere.  :) :) :)
Ditto!

eto

I found a promising universal cartridge case. Of course the GX cartridges don't fit directly, but with a bit of 3D printing, it might be possible to adjust it.

eto

first try - I need to adjust a few angles, but generally it seems to work and hols the cartridge tight.