News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Jonathan Dunn - Ocean Loader 4

Started by ComSoft6128, 17:30, 09 July 23

Previous topic - Next topic

ComSoft6128

Converted to CPC format in 2023 by 'SuTeKH'

From SoundCloud:
"My 2023 AY conversion of the amazing "Ocean Loader 4" by Jonathan Dunn. One of the many reasons to sit and watch C64 games load, back in the day.

This version tries (badly) to emulate some of the SID tricks used... and I apologise for the failure!"

Nothing to apologise for...

https://dai.ly/x8mdyyf

C64 Loader Info:
http://vgmpf.com/Wiki/index.php/Ocean_Loaders_(C64)

SuTeKH at SoundCloud:
https://soundcloud.com/user-744608534-557897601

Best viewed on a large screen at 720p (Dailymotion player setting)

Not emulated - original hardware and software.
Please note that the aspect ratio for this video is 16:9 but the CPC monitor has
an aspect ratio of 4:3 so you may wish to adjust your viewing device accordingly.

XeNoMoRPH

your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

SwordOfTruth

Quote from: ComSoft6128 on 17:30, 09 July 23Converted to CPC format in 2023 by 'SuTeKH'
From SoundCloud:
"My 2023 AY conversion of the amazing "Ocean Loader 4" by Jonathan Dunn. One of the many reasons to sit and watch C64 games load, back in the day.
This version tries (badly) to emulate some of the SID tricks used... and I apologise for the failure!"

C64 Loader Info:
SuTeKH at SoundCloud:
Please note that the aspect ratio for this video is 16:9 but the CPC monitor has
an aspect ratio of 4:3 so you may wish to adjust your viewing device accordingly.

This is very boring music, original much better
It sounds monotonal
The character set is mixed fonts, it looks bad
The logo is terrible and has bad colors
Is it using multiple modes technique?
Make Amstrad Great Again

ComSoft6128

Quote from: SwordOfTruth on 23:18, 11 July 23
Quote from: ComSoft6128 on 17:30, 09 July 23Converted to CPC format in 2023 by 'SuTeKH'
From SoundCloud:

C64 Loader Info:
SuTeKH at SoundCloud:

This is very boring music, original much better
It sounds monotonal
The character set is mixed fonts, it looks bad
The logo is terrible and has bad colors
Is it using multiple modes technique?

"boring" ?
Music is subjective, I like this, you don't, but try to avoid blanket statements were you state definitively in the negative.
"mixed fonts" ?
The character set does include a few italic letters but this does not detract from the text.
"The logo is terrible and has bad colors"
Wrong.

So this being an English language Forum it may be that English is not your first language and you are expressing yourself bluntly without realising it sounds rude.

Or, it could be that you enjoy making negative comments to "stir the pot" and you are simply trolling.

Time will tell.

SwordOfTruth

Quote"boring" ?
Music is subjective, I like this, you don't, but try to avoid blanket statements were you state definitively in the negative.
"mixed fonts" ?
The character set does include a few italic letters but this does not detract from the text.
Wrong.

So this being an English language Forum it may be that English is not your first language and you are expressing yourself bluntly without realising it sounds rude.
Or, it could be that you enjoy making negative comments to "stir the pot" and you are simply trolling.
Time will tell.

You see I speak English well, I learn it from a book
But music still flat, monotonal, non imaginative, boring

Amstrad inferior ordinator than C=64
Inferior sound, inferior graphix, no sprites, no scroll
I stick with C=64
Make Amstrad Great Again

ComSoft6128

"You see I speak English well, I learn it from a book"

....or maybe you learn from a dataset?

Anyway, whatever your source of knowledge, why don't you take your attitude and insults aimed at the CPC to a C64 forum were you might be happier?

eto

somewhere in the far distance I hear a voice whispering "BugPowel"

SwordOfTruth

QuoteAnyway, whatever your source of knowledge, why don't you take your attitude and insults aimed at the CPC to a C64 forum were you might be happier? 

Maybe you not feed the troll? No?
Anyway, good to make fun of you Amstrad inferior users.

Happy day to you!
Make Amstrad Great Again

Gryzor

@SwordOfTruth , you just received a warning. Your posts are going to be moderated. 

trocoloco

:laugh:  :laugh: I just can't get my head around that there are peeople still thinking like a child 30 something years later... the dude is holding a grudge very deep inside  :laugh:  Time to move on!

lmimmfn

Quote from: SwordOfTruth on 12:13, 13 July 23
Quote"boring" ?
"mixed fonts" ?
Wrong.

Time will tell.

I stick with C=64
Based on your comment I dont even understand why you are here?

We all have our preferences for our 8 bit micros but there's no reason to join forums for other 8 bit micro's and try and crap all over them.

Each 8bit has its pros/cons and its enjoyable to discuss those but not downright attack an 8 bit that you may not like.

We all try to get along here and I hope it stays that way.
6128 for the win!!!

SwordOfTruth

Quote from: lmimmfn on 01:48, 14 July 23
Quote from: SwordOfTruth on 12:13, 13 July 23
Quote"boring" ?
"mixed fonts" ?
Wrong.

Time will tell.

I stick with C=64
Based on your comment I dont even understand why you are here?

We all have our preferences for our 8 bit micros but there's no reason to join forums for other 8 bit micro's and try and crap all over them.

Each 8bit has its pros/cons and its enjoyable to discuss those but not downright attack an 8 bit that you may not like.

We all try to get along here and I hope it stays that way.

I am here because the Amstrad sound chip is inferior to the C=64 SID chip
Any version of the Amstrad Spectrum AtariST chip being inferior to the C=64 version should be voiced more
if you think you are inpartial and just, then you should argue if something is better or worse. No?
My view is worse, and most view is worse!
Your view is better? I think not
You are obviously wrong. Yes
You have ears! Hahahaha, maybe failed ears
Jonathan Dunn is famous Amstrad musician so why not use this musics in their games/demos/loaders
This forum is biased and really not worth C=64ers accessing or  Spectrum or AtariST accessing
8-bits sound is universal
Amstrad 8-bits sound is failed... give me any advanced Spectrum or AtariST sound in Amstrad. I BET YOU CANNOT DO THIS!
Convert any ZX or A-ST musics to Amstrad! You are fail!
A loser is you all!
Make Amstrad Great Again

Gryzor

So, two reasons I approved the above post:

1. For everyone else to laugh and have a good time and
2. To understand why I'm banning the guy. 

eto

For him I hope this is just a ChatGPT creation.

"Please write a troll post in the way of a 13 year old teenager who adores the Commodore 64 and is bashing the Amstrad CPC community. Make it look like he is completely incompetent by focusing on the sound only but without any relevant technological knowledge"

Gryzor

Quote from: eto on 11:59, 17 July 23For him I hope this is just a ChatGPT creation.

"Please write a troll post in the way of a 13 year old teenager who adores the Commodore 64 and is bashing the Amstrad CPC community. Make it look like he is completely incompetent by focusing on the sound only but without any relevant technological knowledge"
That was... eerily accurate. I just entered that prompt and got this lovely gem: (hit expand, there's more to it):

QuoteHey, fellow gamers! I just gotta rant about this Amstrad CPC thingy! Like seriously, what's the deal with that junk? I mean, it's like they don't even know what good sound is! Let me tell ya, the Commodore 64 is where it's at, and those Amstrad folks should just go cry in a corner!

Okay, so let's talk sound. Like, the Commodore 64 has this super awesome SID chip that just blows your mind. It's like having a whole orchestra jamming in your room! And then we have the Amstrad CPC... ugh, what a joke! Their sound is like a dying robot farting underwater. Seriously, it's that bad!

I bet those Amstrad fanboys are just jealous because they don't know what it's like to experience real audio power. They're probably sitting there with their crappy bleeps and bloops, thinking it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. Well, newsflash, Amstrad losers, your sound is more like a broken kazoo than anything worth listening to.

And don't even get me started on the music! The Commodore 64 has the most epic game tunes ever created. We're talking about mind-blowing melodies that will make your heart sing! But the Amstrad CPC? Pfft, their music sounds like a cat playing a keyboard with its tail. It's like they took the worst tunes ever composed and then made them even worse!

So, in conclusion, Amstrad CPC lovers, you can keep your sorry excuse for sound. While you're struggling to enjoy your lame bleeps and bloops, we Commodore 64 fanatics will be over here, rocking out to the greatest tunes in gaming history. Stick to your Amstrad toys if you want, but remember, you're missing out on the true sound revolution!

#TeamC64Forever!

TotO

Sound Impressively Dumb ! :o
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Gryzor

So just for fun I also tried the reverse, about how the CPC has prettier gfx, and got the following. Note that in my prompt I didn't make any reference to sound, that was all on its own, so it must be true😁

QuoteHey guys, OMG, I just have to rant about something that's been bugging me for, like, FOREVER! Ugh, the Commodore 64? More like the Comma-bore 64! LOL, get it? Okay, let's get real here. I'm a super-duper fan of the Amstrad CPC, and I just can't understand why anyone would waste their time on that lame Commodore thingy.
QuoteFirst off, let's talk about the graphics. Like, seriously, have you seen the Commodore 64 graphics? They're sooo outdated. It's like they're stuck in the Stone Age or something. Meanwhile, the Amstrad CPC is all about those stunning, vibrant colors. I mean, who needs a bunch of weird brown and green pixels when you can have a rainbow explosion on your screen?
QuoteAnd let's not even start with the sound. The Commodore 64 sounds like a broken record played by a dying cat. It's all bleeps and bloops, like, sooo boring. But the Amstrad CPC? Oh my gosh, the sound is like a concert in your ears! We've got these amazing beeps and boops that will blow your mind. It's like having a party right in your living room every time you turn it on.
QuoteBut wait, there's more! The Amstrad CPC has a built-in tape deck! I mean, how cool is that? You can load games and programs by just popping in a cassette tape. It's like magic, but even cooler. Meanwhile, the Commodore 64 users have to mess around with floppy disks like it's 1990. Who has time for that when you can just hit play and let the Amstrad CPC work its tape deck magic?
QuoteSo, to all you Commodore 64 fanboys out there, I gotta say, you're missing out BIG time. The Amstrad CPC is where it's at. It's like a whole different universe of gaming and awesomeness. So, step aside with your boring brown pixels and floppy disks. The Amstrad CPC is here to rock your world, one colorful explosion at a time!
Quote#TeamAmstradCPC4Life! Mic drop! Peace out! ✌️😎