CPCDiskXP is a tool for writing and reading DSK-Images using a Windows OS (2000/XP/2003).
It was written by Oscar Sanchez (Mochilote).
The actual version is CPCDiskXP v2.5.1 as of 03/10/2014.
- Standard and extended DSK fomat supported
- Support for protected disks
- Support for zipped DSK images
- Reading/writing of up to 80 tracks on 2 sides
- graphic display of track/sector structure
Use from commandline
The program can be used by command line (in your makefile i.e.).
-File BinaryName Indicates the name of the binary to use
-AddAmsdosHeader MemoryAddressInHex Optional to add to the file a Amsdos header
-AmsdosEntryAddress MemoryAddressInHex Optional, if you omit this parameter and use -AddAmsdosHeader, EntryAddress value is the same as the used in -AddAmsdosHeader
-AddToExistingDsk DskFileName Add the filename in "-File" to Dsk DskFileName. If the file already exists within the Dsk, is overwritten
-AddToNewDsk DskFileName Optionally creates a Dsk, adding the binary in "-File"
Optional, if we used "-AddToNewDsk", we indicate here the disc format you want, which defaults to 1
Values (Examples). 1 "CPC DATA - Single Side - 40 Tracks - 64 Dir. Entries - 180K (178K Free)" 2 "CPC DATA - Double Side - 40 Tracks - 64 Dir. Entries - 360K (178K Free each side)" 3 "CPC SYSTEM - Single Side - 40 Tracks - 64 Dir. Entries - 180K (169K Free)" ...
-Add Amsdos header to a file (without Dsk): CPCDiskXP -File Test.bin -AddAmsdosHeader 6000
-Add file to a new dsk: CPCDiskXP -File Test.bin -AddToNewDsk Test.dsk
-Add Amsdos header to a file and add it to a new Dsk: CPCDiskXP -File Test.bin -AddAmsdosHeader 6000 -AddToNewDsk Test.dsk
-Add file to a new file dsk, with format PARADOS 80: CPCDiskXP -File Test.bin -AddToNewDsk Test.dsk -NewDskFormat 7
-Add file to an existing dsk: CPCDiskXP -File Test.bin -AddToExistingDsk Test.dsk
Readme Files (spanish, english, german) in the actual ZIP files from author, see link below
v.2.0 Update (Obsolete)
Version 2.0, released in January 2009, has an interesting change log:
- New DSK EDITOR - Yet another dsk editor (like the winape one or managedsk), you can drag/drop files, read/write to floppy, edit directly the contents of the sectors... It has a 'new dsk' dialog that lets you create any dsk scheme, with any size sectors and order, you can easily generate for example a disk with the first 10 tracks in amsdos (9 sectors of 512) and then the rest tracks of 8k sectors, you can edit/fill the sectors directly with copy/paste from/to an editor...
- GENERAL - On any part of the program, when you open a zip file, DSK selection now don't show dialog if only one dsk is in the zip.
- GENERAL - Require Administrator privileges in Windows Vista, to avoid UAC problems.
- FLOPPY to DSK - Increased the track limit from 82 to 256 tracks. Someone ask for it, use at your own risk.
- DSK to Floppy - Added support for the protection of the games Marauder (UK) (1988) [Original].dsk and Les Geants de L'Arcade Disque 2B (Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom) [original].dsk, maibe some others that have the same protection.
- DSK to Floppy - DSK now is always loaded on memory, no more DSKs on temp directory :-)
- DSK to Floppy - Added support for the protection of the game Sol Negro.
- GENERAL - Added PNG support and new buttons. Also fix problems with buttons position in Windows Vista and other windows custom styles.
- FLOPPY to DSK - Added "Double Step" option, for read 40 track discs on 80 track drives. Someone ask for it since years.
- GENERAL - Added new configuration dialog. Now its posible to associate Dsk files with program in windows, and open directly from windows file explorer in DSK Editor or DSK to Floppy.
- Sectors Graph now shows up to 8k (before only 6k), so it can handle better some protected disks.
- DSK to Floppy - Added support for the protection of the game Prehistorik II by Titus, good news to the cpc plus owners
- DSK to Floppy - Added support for the protection of the game 007 - Licence To Kill.
- FLOPPY to DSK - Solve a problem with 2 sides dumps. In earlier versions the side B became useless and amsdos can't cat/load in side B.