This Firmware was designed to get a better support of RAM and ROM expansions. Looking the future, not the past.
It don't work with BASIC 1.0 and no more support Tape by default (need a ROM to manage it, that allow to improve it as new storages too).
So, the actual target is all CPC with BASIC 1.1 and floppy or HxC drives.
For further information, see the CPCWiki forum discussion regarding Firmware 3.1.
- Display RAM (up to 576K)
- Display CRTC version
- Initialize up to 32 ROM (see note)
- Boot with [ESC] initialize only ROM 0 & 7
- Mouse support under BASIC (see the previous FW test)
- Fix the FR chars table, so all keys are properly displayed.
- CTRL+keys give useful chars
Note: The 32 ROM init actually only work on a real hardware with the Megaflash board. Please, use the default 16 ROM version if you are using an emulator.
If you test it first on WinAPE, you have to know that CRTC 1 always show 2, and no 3rd mouse button support, as CPC+ don't.
- ctrl+2 = ½ (half)
- ctrl+3 = ¾ (three quarters)
- ctrl+4 = ¼ (quarter)
- ctrl+a = α (alpha)
- ctrl+b = β (beta)
- ctrl+c = © (copyright)
- ctrl+e = € (euro)
- ctrl+m = µ (micro)
- ctrl+n = ~ (tilde)
- ctrl+o = Ω (omega/Ohm)
- ctrl+p = π (pi)
- ctrl+s = Σ (sigma/Sum)
- ctrl+v = √ (tick)
- ctrl+x = ✗ (cross)
- ctrl+? = ¿ (inverted question mark)
- ctrl+! = ¡ (inverted exclamation mark)