gfx2crtc - gfx convert tools to amstrad cpc format
gfx2crtc is a tool to convert gfx (linear raw 8bits per pixel or PNG 1,2 or 4 bits) in a compatible format for Amstrad CPC and Plus.
Initial Software written by : CloudStrife/Shinra (Quentin Carlier) email@example.com.
It is spread under the CeCILL Free Software License v2, see LICENSE for more information.
See AUTHORS for the list of contributors.
Comparison with other tools
- ConvImgCPC is intended for manual tweaking and saving to CPC format with a manual workflow.
- On the contrary, gfx2crtc is perfect for automated build workflow: work on your images in some general use format like PNG, and only convert automatically at build time.
- can convert not only full screens, but also sprites (one sprite per input image, not too big)
Written in portable C. Linux, Mac OS, Windows (code mentions mingw), probably others.
Project used to be on https://code.google.com/archive/p/cpcsdk/downloads now removed.
- Source code on Github: cpcsdk/gfx2crtc: Convert pictures to CPC screen format, from the command line.
- gfx2crtc on cpcrulez mostly text description, no link or source code but links to descriptions of other programs.