Panda Electronics Communications Interface Unit
Dual RS232 with 8bit Printer Port. Driver ROM from Panda Electronics Ltd.
Known and Unknown Stuff
The ROM image from Panda Electronics is found on various webpages. However, there is nothing known about the hardware.
There are no known descriptions, photos, or adverts for the actual hardware.
So far, it is unknown if "Panda Hardware" does exists at all (possibly, Panda only made the software, and the corresponding hardware was produced or distributed by a different company - a possible candidate might be Timatic Systems whom did offer a "dual rs232 with 8bit centronics")
Please add info if you know where the ROM image came from!
F9DCh Panda PPI Port A - 8bit Printer data F9DDh Panda PPI Port B - 8bit general purpose I/O port F9DEh Panda PPI Port C - Handshake (bit0=Strobe.out, Bit5=Busy.in) F9DFh Panda PPI Control - 8bit Printer data FADCh Amstrad RS323 Z8470 (Z80 DART) Channel A Data (R/W) FADDh Amstrad RS323 Z8470 (Z80 DART) Channel A Control/Status (R/W) FADEh Amstrad RS323 Z8470 (Z80 DART) Channel B Data (R/W) FADFh Amstrad RS323 Z8470 (Z80 DART) Channel B Control/Status (R/W) FBDCh Amstrad RS323 8253 Baudrate Timer 0 Channel A TX Clock (R/W) FBDDh Amstrad RS323 8253 Baudrate Timer 1 Channel A RX Clock (R/W) FBDEh Amstrad RS323 8253 Baudrate Timer 2 Channel B RX/TX Clock (R/W) FBDFh Amstrad RS323 8253 Baudrate Timer 0-2 Control Registers (W)
- |SETPORT,n - redirect MC_PRINT_CHAR (BD2Bh) (1=SIO_A, 2=SIO_B, 3=PPI.A, 4=EFxxh) (default=3)
- |TIMEOUT,n - set timeout (0..255)
- |ROMCAT - show sideways rom directory
- |SIOMENU - config menu (baudrate, parity, etc.)
- |PORTOUT and |PORTIN - set direction of PPI.B (general purpose I/O port)
- |OUTCHAR and |INCHAR
- |OUTBLOCK and |INBLOCK
- |OUTFILE and |INFILE
- |OUTBYTE and |INBYTE
- |XON and |XOFF
- |LFON and |LFOFF
- |DTRON and |DTROFF
- |CTSON and |CTSOFF
- Media:Panda Electronics Communication Interface Unit Interface Driver v1.5.zip - PIA DRIVER rom-image (v1.5 Oct 1986)