| || |
|−|<br><br> | |
|−|<center><font size="-2">Server space and bandwidth kindly donated by <b>[http://www.cmo.de/ CMO Internet Dienstleistungen GmbH]</b><br>[[Image:Cmologo55x25.gif]]<br> | |
Revision as of 10:50, 11 April 2007
Welcome to the Amstrad CPC Wiki!
This site hopes to evolve into an encyclopaedia on all things Amstrad CPC related. There are now 4,632 articles around the CPC available. Feel free to contribute or post your suggestions here, or in the discussion page!
The server move has now been completed, and the wiki software has been updated. Please do report all problems in our Forum!
Again, so many thanks to Kangaroo
who took care of everything, really, and with zero downtime
The last CPC related news.
- 07/04/2007: Binary Sciences has released Groops, a puzzle game for CPC 6128.
- 06/04/2007: Virtual CPC 1.05a released. Changes concerning performance. Improved code for Consecutive Screenshots.
- 03/04/2007: The Amstrad CPC TopList is online now: It's the list of the most frequented CPC websites, where everybody can join.
- 01/04/2007: Croco Chanel N°4 Only 1 month away. Join us now !. (Invitro)
- 28/03/2007: CPC-Forum.de has been opened to become the new and most important discussion forum for the German-speaking part of the CPC scene
These people were kind enough to donate. Please consider helping with hosting costs - all contributions go directly to our kind host, not our own pockets!
Thanks so much guys!
Become an Author!
We are searching for authors of the following articles:
Did you know?
- With a possible total amount of 768 x 270 pixel (540 interlaced) the CPC was the 8bit homecomputer with the highest screen resolution ever.
- OpenOffice for Windows/Linux is a direct descendant of StarWriter for the CPC.
- The transfer speed of the CPC Booster + serial interface is faster than a standard DSL connection.
- SymbOS can handle more than 50 times bigger hard discs than MS Windows 95A.
- CPCWiki has moved to a new server. Software has been updated:
- MediaWiki: 1.9.3
- PHP: 5.1.6 (apache2handler)
- MySQL: 5.0.27
- The CPCWiki now uses about 2.2 GigaBytes for file- and article-storage and about 1.7 GB Traffic! WOW!
- New gallery software has been installed! Please upload your pictures there!
- As of yesterday, we now have a dedicated forum where we can discuss all things related to the wiki, since it's much more useable than discussion pages. Please do drop by!!! Gryzor 09:03, 22 November 2006 (CET)
- Add the CPCWiki to your Homepage. Check out About#Wiki-Napping and start napping this Wiki.
Where are you from?
Help clarify the nationality of CPCWIKI users!
Participate in the pool on the cpcwiki forum.
[Pool thread] (please register)