News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Australian Awa CPC6128 with MC0020C PCB

Started by 00WReX, 11:50, 29 October 11

Previous topic - Next topic

00WReX

Hi All,
As I previously mentioned in the post, http://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/index.php?topic=2836.0
I have 2 Australian delivered and Awa distributor coded 6128's with the main PCB revision of MC0020C.
As this PCB is not mentioned in the "Mainboard" pictures on the wiki I took a photo of one today while it was apart...
One thing to note with this PCB is that both IC's 107 (D8255AC-5) & 110 (SN74LS132N) are in a socket, my other MC0020C PCB these are directly soldered to the PCB.
The reason for pulling this apart today was that while I was testing this 6128, it did not appear to boot but instead just a scrolling screen.
This 6128 had this issue initially when I got it years ago. The issue is related to IC's 107 (D8255AC-5) and/or its socket. Once I press this back in, all is good (The PIO chip has a direct connection to the VSYNC on the CRT controller - IC 108.
Also, both these 6128's have close serial numbers and were old High School computers from a school in South Australia...I was initially thinking that the one with the sockets for IC's 107 & 110 had been repaired at some point (they did not have any owners after their time as school computers...but I'm sure they had a workout for a good few years).

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

Gryzor

Great!!! Thanks for the photos, will add them to the wiki page!