News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Keyboard Membranes

Started by RWAP, 20:50, 12 February 15

Previous topic - Next topic

RWAP

Having done the replacement CPC664 Keyboard Membranes, I was wondering if there is a market for any other types at the moment.

I know tradeinpost has some for the 464+/6128+ but are there any other membranes in short supply?

TFM

Well, I would be interrested in one for the 664 and two for the 6128. So if somebody want's to do a batch. I would take few.

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

netmercer

Yes, I would be interested in an keyboard Membrane for the CPC 6128, too.

Bryce

Yes, Classic 6128 would ne nice to have.

Bryce.

paradroid90

I would say there is a market for 6128 Membranes, a friend of mine searched high and low to get one for mine  :)
Embrace all 8 Bits :-)

Lazy Dude

+1 on the 6128 jobbies.
Anyone know if there is any improvement in performance or if its a better spec of materials?

Hellraiser

Would be also interested for both a 6128 and a 6128+....

RWAP

Well, after all this time, I haven't got around to making 6128 membranes - there does not seem enough people in need of them at the moment....

What about classic 464 membranes?  I have had a few messages from people looking for these but not enough yet to warrant a production run.  In the meantime, I wanted to check if there was more than one version of the keyboard membrane (I know there was also a PCB used on some models). Any chance we could collect the part numbers stamped on the keyboard membranes?  It would be particularly important to check what membrane is used on the Schneider CPC. If there are several parts numbers, then I will need some more examples (they don't need to be working) to compare and see if we can actually merge two or more membranes to make one replacement...
For starters, the membrane I have is marked:
U24FP10-R2-C-3 (and U24FP11-R2-Ag-3)

JonB

@RWAP: "If you build it, they will come."

RWAP

Quote from: JonB on 21:19, 18 February 17
@RWAP: "If you build it, they will come."

If only it were so simple... It is a huge investment risk to take that they will work on all CPC464s (without the PCB keyboard) and that enough people will need them!

robcfg

I think the Amstrad Plus membranes were more fragile than 464 and 6128 ones, do you have some of these?

Maybe it would be a good idea to ask if those are needed, as there are no keyboard membrane variants in the Plus series.

RWAP

The 464+/6128+ membranes are still available as NOS from tradeinpost.com  :D

reidrac

And anyone knows anything about 464 membranes availability?

My 464 is starting to have problems with some keys. Perhaps a clean might do it, but it may not...
Released The Return of Traxtor, Golden Tail, Magica, The Dawn of Kernel, Kitsune`s Curse, Brick Rick and Hyperdrive for the CPC.

If you like my games and want to show some appreciation, you can always buy me a coffee.

RWAP

Quote from: reidrac on 10:39, 19 February 17
And anyone knows anything about 464 membranes availability?

My 464 is starting to have problems with some keys. Perhaps a clean might do it, but it may not...

No-one offers 464 membranes that I know of.  If you take yours out to clean it - can you check the part number so we can start compiling a list in case there are several different membranes!  Fingers crossed a clean will fix it

reidrac

Quote from: RWAP on 10:46, 19 February 17
No-one offers 464 membranes that I know of.  If you take yours out to clean it - can you check the part number so we can start compiling a list in case there are several different membranes!  Fingers crossed a clean will fix it

Yes, I'll try cleaning it. I'm not looking forward to it though, I'm not good doing these things; I'm more a software kind of person :D
Released The Return of Traxtor, Golden Tail, Magica, The Dawn of Kernel, Kitsune`s Curse, Brick Rick and Hyperdrive for the CPC.

If you like my games and want to show some appreciation, you can always buy me a coffee.

00WReX

Looks like all the 664 membranes are now sold...

https://www.sellmyretro.com/offer/details/*BRAND-NEW*-Amstrad-CPC664-Keyboard-Membranes-2645

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

RWAP

Quote from: 00WReX on 09:33, 30 September 19
Looks like all the 664 membranes are now sold...

Cheers,
Shane

Yes we have now sold out - it will be a while before I can justify another production run  -it took several years to sell these!

LambdaMikel

Thanks for keeping our 664's alive and for making them in the first place @RWAP !!
I have purchased 3 or so over the years.

Sebastian Blanco

i need a 6128+ membrane mine is in bad shape.

||C|-|E||

There seems to be a shortage of Plus membranes in general... sadly, they are a bit unreliable compared with the traditional ones  :-X .

RWAP

Quote from: ||C|-|E|| on 23:57, 30 September 19
There seems to be a shortage of Plus membranes in general... sadly, they are a bit unreliable compared with the traditional ones  :-X .

I have avoided looking at 6128+ and 464+ membranes because there just does not seem to be enough interest.

Maybe this is something to now consider....

||C|-|E||

Quote from: RWAP on 20:32, 01 October 19
I have avoided looking at 6128+ and 464+ membranes because there just does not seem to be enough interest.

Maybe this is something to now consider....
I would definitely grab a couple myself!

Token

I have also a 6128+ that need a new membrane. I thought it was only me. I'm glad I replaced the one inside the 664 in time.

||C|-|E||

Quote from: Token on 20:53, 01 October 19
I have also a 6128+ that need a new membrane. I thought it was only me. I'm glad I replaced the one inside the 664 in time.
Definitely not only you, they are a bit picky in that regard. However, I think that the connector itself has a problem in quite a few occasions. In fact, with many Plus you can "fix" the issue just unplugging and plugging the membrane again, although this is only provisional. In some others cases, "cleaning" the connector with a cardboard works well, at least for a while. I always think about adapting a wired keyboard but it would be so much work...  :-X

00WReX

Quote from: Token on 20:53, 01 October 19
About six months ago I had a 6128+ membrane fail (a number of keys on the same line).
I fixed it with conductive paint and it is still working, but I'm not sure how long it will last.
I would be interested in a new membrane for it, that's for sure (I have a couple of pluses, so I would probably buy 2).

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki