News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

New yerar, new CPC board

Started by Piotr, 13:29, 07 January 15

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil79

As I said on FB, a beauty :D
The latest in Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter

CraigsBar

@TotO would it be possible for you to make a "just CPC" version of the mother 4 x that has a soldered connector instead of a ribbon cable and would therefore act as a riser board on the just CPC boards allowing the normal m4x cards to be installed horizontally in a stacked formation above the ram?
If so I'll have one please to go with my just CPC 128k.
Craig
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

TotO

Quote from: CraigsBar on 11:16, 03 July 15
@TotO would it be possible for you to make a "just CPC" version of the mother 4 x that has a soldered connector instead of a ribbon cable and would therefore act as a riser board on the just CPC boards allowing the normal m4x cards to be installed horizontally in a stacked formation above the ram?
If so I'll have one please to go with my just CPC 128k.
Craig
Sadly, if you do that you should lose the internal MX4 connectors.
I have all the required things for... But, I imagine Piotr too.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

CraigsBar

Quote from: TotO on 12:44, 03 July 15
Sadly, if you do that you should lose the internal MX4 connectors.
I have all the required things for... But, I imagine Piotr too.
Lose? Surelynif you plugged this into the 'front' slot on the just CPC, then the rear 1 (or 2) will still be available plus the 4 on the riser card, meaning either 5 or 6 in total. Or am I missing something that would disable all further expansions once the m4x would be attached?

TotO

The only interrest to plug them horizontaly is to save space by including the expansions "inside".
If you keep them "outside", better to left vertically.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

CraigsBar

Quote from: TotO on 13:54, 03 July 15
The only interrest to plug them horizontaly is to save space by including the expansions "inside".
If you keep them "outside", better to left vertically.
Inside is exactly what I want. ;)

Piotr

CraigsBar, use Mother X and expansion slot ;) But seriously, i do soon expansion board with more slots.

CraigsBar

Quote from: Piotr on 15:06, 03 July 15
CraigsBar, use Mother X and expansion slot ;) But seriously, i do soon expansion board with more slots.
Well the point is... I want to ensure that expansions that won't be removed internally. So... Xmem, xmass, play city and minibooster will all be internal.
The mf2 on the expansion port.

Hence wanting a riser. I guess I can get a normal mother 4 x and mod it myself, but I was hoping not to have to.

Piotr

Ok, here is,  for sale , assembled and tested +scart cable.

Just CPC 6128 fully assembled board

CraigsBar

And one bought and paid for.

Apollo

Well, sold out already...

Do you do also 64KB version with 3 extension slots?
CPC - My beloved first computer!

Piotr

Ok, i list empty boards for self assembly here :  Just CPC 128k PCB for self assembly . In meantime i do BOM and photos from soldering.

Apollo

@Piotr: Sorry for bothering you but do you do 64kb version with 3x expansion slots? As that answer would strongly influence my buying preferences? Thanks!
CPC - My beloved first computer!

skywalky

Quote from: Piotr on 20:18, 06 July 15
Ok, i list empty boards for self assembly here :  Just CPC 128k PCB for self assembly . In meantime i do BOM and photos from soldering.
Thank you. I've already got mine.

skywalky

@Piotr, please, Can you give me the values of the marked components?

Thank you

Piotr

Quick info, i start posting empty boards and Just CPC assembled from thursday. Sorry about this delay. In meantime, BOM and assembly drawing board is here, I add on board socket for connect audio from Playcity card, power socket for HXC/gotek/ddi/floppy and power for externial mouse interface. So is rev 4.0B.

http://www.eightbitclone.com/justcpc.html

skywalky

@Piotr, I suppose the GAL16V8 has to be programmed. Have you the JED file? Thank you.

CraigsBar

Quote from: Piotr on 10:32, 13 July 15
Quick info, i start posting empty boards and Just CPC assembled from thursday. Sorry about this delay. In meantime, BOM and assembly drawing board is here, I add on board socket for connect audio from Playcity card, power socket for HXC/gotek/ddi/floppy and power for externial mouse interface. So is rev 4.0B.

http://www.eightbitclone.com/justcpc.html
Which version are those of us with assembled boards getting, this PlayCity input is a must for me.

Piotr

All boards, assembled and for self assembly is latest version  4.0 B. Empty boards i post tomorrow, assembled in next week.

Piotr

Ok, i post all boards for self assembly today . Before you start assembling it ,visit http://www.eightbitclone.com/justcpc.html for latest  updates please. in weekend i also do a photos from assembly board and better description .

CraigsBar

Quote from: Piotr on 14:21, 17 July 15
All boards, assembled and for self assembly is latest version  4.0 B. Empty boards i post tomorrow, assembled in next week.

Yippee, Getting excited again. I have the x-Mem and x-Mass sat here waiting for this.

Piotr

CraigsBar

Quote from: Piotr on 07:56, 06 August 15
Updated BOM and list of important changes, http://www.eightbitclone.com/justcpc.html
Any update on the shipping dates of the assembled boards?

Piotr

Monday, after this weekend.

Piotr

Wrong, your board is ready to post today. Sorry.