News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

ROManager for MegaFlash and Symbiface

Started by TFM, 07:30, 28 August 11

Previous topic - Next topic

TFM

Hi there,

New release of the ROManager for the new MegaFlash and the Symbiface in Version 1.34 beta (Disc version). Now everything should be fine.

Will include the ROM versions tomorrow if I find time......... getting tired... Good night!

Have a great CPCing Sunday  ;)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

SyX

Great News!!! :D I will test this week :D

TFM

Quote from: SyX on 14:46, 28 August 11
Great News!!! :D I will test this week :D

Thank's a lot! Guess we're entering the final phase ;-)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

TFM

Ok, now you can get the ROManager for the MegaFlash in Ver 1.34 as ROM version. You still need two ROM places.

Please report any issues  :o   ;D   8)   ;) ;) ;)
TFM of FutureSoft

TFM

And now you can also download a ROManager ROM version for the SF2, here:

www.futureos.de (download section)
TFM of FutureSoft

TFM

Well, don't use park/unpark or adapt checksum. There is still a bug (a damn bug from outer space hard to kill). But with the help SyX and others we will get it right!
EDIT: First bug pictures...

The Bug from Outer Space
TFM of FutureSoft

Gryzor

Holly frak! Like an ant/bee/grasshoper combo!!!! Ew...

Bryce

That bug wouldn't fit in a MegaFlash, it must be some other bug :D

Bryce.

TFM

Quote from: Bryce on 08:32, 01 September 11
That bug wouldn't fit in a MegaFlash, it must be some other bug :D

Bryce.
That's right. SyX helped me finding it! Currently he is testing Ver. 1.35, which will be released as soon as prooven working reliable. The bug was rather looking like this: .
TFM of FutureSoft

Bryce

Yup, that's a small and fast one. They're the most difficult ones to catch :D Any news on the ROM version making it down to being just one ROM?

Bryce.

TFM

The good news are Ver. 1.35 seems to work reliable now  ;D
TFM of FutureSoft

TFM

And SyX checked also the ROM version 1.35 with success :-)))
TFM of FutureSoft

SyX

Yes, both versions work really great  :D

I only need to test the FutureOS version of ROManager, but if somebody can confirm that it works perfectly, everybody will be very grateful to him  ;)

Thanks TFM for your program, the perfect companion for the MegaFlash  :D

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft

Gryzor

Feature request! Please add a Reset command to the interface (hopefully with a hotkey); since, I guess, all of us want to use a ROM after installing it, the machine must initialize it, and merely dropping off ROMManager doesn't cut it :D

SyX

I added a reset button for the CPC, it's very useful, not only for the MegaFlash, it was very easy to add and it doesn't destroy the sexy look of the CPC :)

TFM

Quote from: Gryzor on 06:59, 23 September 11
Feature request! Please add a Reset command to the interface (hopefully with a hotkey); since, I guess, all of us want to use a ROM after installing it, the machine must initialize it, and merely dropping off ROMManager doesn't cut it :D

Hehe, actually I added that point yesterday to my "2DO" list  :laugh:  And it's a good request!
However, I'm a bit scared to really use a hotkey, because .... well, if you touch it by accident???
BTW: If you use Control-Shift-ESC, the CPC should make a reset. Can you confirm (I know you have to hit ESC two or three times... Well, I can only check on an emulator here).

Quote from: SyX on 08:41, 23 September 11
I added a reset button for the CPC, it's very useful, not only for the MegaFlash, it was very easy to add and it doesn't destroy the sexy look of the CPC :)
Hell yes!!! Games do definitely NEED one :-))) A reset button was the first thing I added to my Plus (internally), when I got it in 1992.
TFM of FutureSoft

TFM

Please update the ROManager for FutureOS! That's very important!

Thanks to the endless testing efforts of SyX the (hopefully last) bug has been killed.

SyX, muchas gracias!!!
TFM of FutureSoft

SyX

Bitteschön!!!  :)

It has been a pleasure, you know that i have been very entertained with all the tests during these weeks  ;)

Gryzor

Quote from: TFM/FS on 16:30, 23 September 11

BTW: If you use Control-Shift-ESC, the CPC should make a reset. Can you confirm (I know you have to hit ESC two or three times... Well, I can only check on an emulator here).

Actually, it just refreshes the screen...

And by 'hotkey' I meant a key combo, of course :)

TFM

Quote from: SyX on 18:56, 23 September 11
Bitteschön!!!  :)

It has been a pleasure, you know that i have been very entertained with all the tests during these weeks  ;)
Well, tests? Ah yes, some 900 or so  :laugh:

Quote from: Gryzor on 19:48, 23 September 11
Actually, it just refreshes the screen...
And by 'hotkey' I meant a key combo, of course :)
Interresting, with an emulator you hold Control & Shift, then you hit ESC twice or three times, then you get your reset. I'll care about it in the next version!
TFM of FutureSoft

Gryzor

I tried that, it either refreshes or does nothing as a matter of fact!

TFM

Quote from: Gryzor on 10:23, 24 September 11
I tried that, it either refreshes or does nothing as a matter of fact!

Oh, well, it works with emulators, and sadly I got no CPC here right now. But I will implement that feature :)
TFM of FutureSoft

TFM

Now you can download the ROManager for the MegaFlash and the Symbiface as single 16 KB ROM. Goto the download section on:

http://www.FutureOS.de

Have fun!
TFM of FutureSoft

norecess

Why don't you try to merge all your versions of ROMManager into a single one?

If the way to manage it change (writing stuff)... just display a question to the user at startup, something like :

(M)egaFlash or (S)ymbiface ?

It wouldbe easier for you to manage... and easier for people to catch up new versions.