News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu
K

R-Type

Started by Keith A Goodyer, 04:08, 25 February 10

Previous topic - Next topic

Xyphoe

Longplay already done, it'll be uploaded when TotO gives me permission :)

But enjoy guys! This is goddamn amazing!!!!

Puresox

Great game!
Space bar pause tho?

SyX

Well, what can i say? In two words: A-MAZING!!!  :D :D :D

Great Work Easter Egg!!! :D :D :D

I love everything!!!! :D :D :D

I played today to the original version to be prepared... but nothing prepared me to this, What a lot of details!!! :D :D :D

TFM

Great game! Great job done!  :)   :)   :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Devilmarkus

Really an awesome remake of the original game!!!
Even the intro is totally nice done!
Congrats!!!

I added your remake on my website ;)

And also to the Highscore games (registering required and I need to add you to the highscore players group, when you request it, otherwise your scores will not be saved!)
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

tastefulmrship

I don't think R-Type is CPC Game Of The Year 2012, it's Best CPC Game Ever! Simply superb and well worth the wait.
Well done, can't wait for your SAINT DRAGON remake! *wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge*

Where BATMAN FOREVER is the benchmark for all future CPC demos, R-TYPE is now the benchmark for all future CPC games.
Vive la Easter Egg!

EDIT: You might want to release this onto a site like POUET.NET, to increase the player-base.

TotO

Sorry, the Pilot Manual is not online for the moment.

Run & Ranking:
Type CAT or |DIR and follow instructions.

Main Keys:
Quit: ESC
Pause: SPACE

6128:
Move: ARROWS KEYS
Fire1: CONTROL
Fire2: COPY

464/664:
Move: FUNCTIONS KEYS
Fire1: Z (W for frenchies)
Fire2: X
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

viddi

Thank you so much for releasing this game!
The intro is superb, also the title screen BUT I have a problem on real hardware:

1. The EasterEgg logo isn´t displayed properly

2. There is some weird screen flashing at the end of the intro / right before the title screen

3. I CAN`T play the game because the screen stays black after the main menu. I can hear the ingame music and fx but no gfx at all :(

I tried a TV and a monitor (Philips CM8833-II). Paradoxically it worked ONCE on the monitor but after one go it´s as described above...

Any hints? Thanks guys. :)

fano

This is weird as it has been tested on real hardware (at least my 6128 CRTC type 1&2)
Can i have more information about you CPC (model,CRTC,drive used,monitor)
I suspect your CTM to not support video settings but why ? maybe some CRTC settings but i do not see where.Did you tried to launch "CREDITS" in OPTION menu.
How is displayed EE logo ?

(If that would be possible for administrator to split the thread to have tech support thread for r-type, please ;) )
"NOP" is the perfect program : short , fast and (known) bug free

Follow Easter Egg products on Facebook !

DARKGATE

:o Oh my god!!!!  :-X ???
Is something of incredible, magnific conversion, really the top game of this year.
A question,  :-X i have a cpc 464 with plus 64K ram cartridge, is possible a tape version for play on real cpc464?
Really awesome, great work.
Do not underestimate the power of AMSTRAD CPC.

viddi

Thanks for your quick reply, fano!

I only tried it on my 6128 Plus so far. I use the HxC as Drive A.
I will try a real 3,5" disc later today...

The EE logo seems to be B/W and I can only see the inner part of the egg.
The credits work fine here.

CRTC should be 3 , right?

fano

ah maybe something specific to Plus.I can not give you a quick solution but i'll try on my 6128+ when it will be repaired.

@Darkgate , sadly not , it needs a drive to run (note i am like you with my 464 , i do own a DDI-1 but no RAM expansion  :-X )

Optimus

I will mainly write the same things I wrote on pushnpop too here :)

Wow! A great use of cat'art for a game.

I am impressed by the quality of it even before the game starts.

Intro screens, great main screen, many options. Old CPC games just had a black or simple screen with few options or just start game. This is my thought for modern CPC games, a great menu with more options, difficulty settings, sound menu, etc. This is great!

I was never as good in R-type, lost several times in first level (especially since the movement jumps some pixels and things go too fast) and then tried the casual mode. That's a better way to see all the levels and not worry about loosing and having to start again.

It was worth the wait. Congratulations!

p.s. I was watching the counter go down from firefox. Then it reached 0. Then nothing happen. I realized after half an hour from another browser that the download appeared. But not in firefox. However it must have to do with cookies or something. Here I get the download link from firefox :)

spybro

@ Fano & TotO
Great remake guys
Great in every aspect!!!
THANK YOU!

Waiting for your next big thing aka WildFire ;)

trocoloco

Thanks so much for this great remake!

This is what a game for our beloved CPC should be all about.  Really nice intro (that was a big surprise), music, ingame or what have you...  Everything about the game is so full of details.

And great ideat btw using CAT! Congratulations to the Easter Egg team for your great effort, you nailed it  :)

TotO

Thank you everybody for your feedbacks and greatings. :)

Quote from: viddi on 09:28, 04 February 12
1. The EasterEgg logo isn´t displayed properly
2. There is some weird screen flashing at the end of the intro / right before the title screen
I tried a TV and a monitor (Philips CM8833-II).
I don't know for the 3rd point, but for the two first it's because the intro code seem to have sync problems and only work properly on CTM monitors and some TV screens. Sorry.

Quote from: DARKGATE on 10:12, 04 February 12i have a cpc 464 with plus 64K ram cartridge, is possible a tape version for play on real cpc464?
I suggest you to buy a nice DDI-1 drive too, because it's not just a media support for the game.
All was though around the 128K memory and the floppy disk drive.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

MaV

Excellent game!

The intro reminded me of the time I first I gaped in awe at the Trantor intro. And R-Type's intro is much better.

Nice tune, and wonderful graphics. Justice is done, it's been proven what the CPC is capable of when doing a proper port and it emphasizes the CPC's strengths.

I wish my reflexes were better! :D
Black Mesa Transit Announcement System:
"Work safe, work smart. Your future depends on it."

fano

Quote from: spybro on 11:18, 04 February 12
@ Fano & TotO
Great remake guys
Great in every aspect!!!
THANK YOU!
Thanks a lot , don't forget iXien for his great work on sound and Grim & sYx for intro  ;)

Ygdrazil

Thank you Fano, iXien, Grim, sYx and toto for the amazing conversion....

I am really impressed. This really shows what teamwork can lead to!!

Been playing R-Type since 6 o'clock this morning on real hardware.

I have now been joined by CPCLER, who got tired of playing it emulated  :laugh:

Again congratz!!!

/Ygdrazil

PS. Can we look forward to the sequel R-Type II which was newer released for the CPC?

Quote from: fano on 12:29, 04 February 12
Thanks a lot , don't forget iXien for his great work on sound and Grim & sYx for intro  ;)

Axelino

Quote from: tastefulmrship on 09:03, 04 February 12
I don't think R-Type is CPC Game Of The Year 2012, it's Best CPC Game Ever! Simply superb and well worth the wait.

Period.

How wonderful is it ?
Intro, options menu, gfx , sfx and gameplay are perfect !
I've never seen any of these on Cpc, now i have a new gods and they are easter egg's members !
Congrats & thank you for the game  ;)

00WReX

Wow, well done to everyone involved...fantastic effort you should all be proud of it.
2012 and the CPC is still getting Top Quality Software & Hardware  :D

Just tested this out on my CPC-6128 with 3.5" floppy & connected to a 4:3 LCD monitor via GBS8200 video converter board.
Everything went perfectly on the LCD including all the intro sections.

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

fgbrain

Can I post bug reports here? It crashed for me (boss at stage 3).  :(

Other than that, great job Easter Egg, well done!!

_____

6128 (UK keyboard, Crtc type 0/2), 6128+ (UK keyboard), 3.5" and 5.25" drives, Reset switch and Digiblaster (selfmade), Inicron Romram box, Bryce Megaflash, SVideo & PS/2 mouse, , Magnum Lightgun, X-MEM, X4 Board, C4CPC, Multiface2 X4, RTC X4 and Gotek USB Floppy emulator.

TotO

Sadly, for bug reports you may send it to me, I'll collect all: toto -at- easter-egg -dot- fr

fano

Quote from: fgbrain on 14:08, 04 February 12
Can I post bug reports here? It crashed for me (boss at stage 3).  :(
Thanks for the report , you can send a mail to totO or me else you can join on instant messenger (in my profile).Seems we missed this one on our testing :(
(it seems to happen only when you have full force and shoot with it released)