News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

SHINOBI Gfx restoration

Started by fano, 12:40, 27 March 13

Previous topic - Next topic

TotO

But it look to be not easy for peoples to make customized versions... Jim Power, ...
So, here, it's an opportunity for the cpcwiki users to work on an easy project. No more.  :-*
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

MacDeath

This said, shiobi could greatly benefit from a PLUS palette version.

otherwise, it could be nice perhaps to adapt the sprites palette according to levels.Yellow ninja on a blue dominated level ?
aren't ninjas supposed to blend with background ?

fano

Maybe i am unclear, We can later add Plus palette or even C64 but now what we need to progress in the project is graphics.Sadly, seems nobody is really interested (to ask features, more animations , more colors , more musics , more new style or more speed , there are a lot of people but sadly a few (thanks to them) to try to make gfx) on doing them so i think i'll close the project and archive it in my (too) long list of unfinished projects...
"NOP" is the perfect program : short , fast and (known) bug free

Follow Easter Egg products on Facebook !

MacDeath

What usable graphics do you actually have at the moment ?

Mr. DVG

Quote from: TFM on 16:52, 27 September 13

That's pretty well, but one of them has a different color. Did that happen by accident, or is it a part of the game?

No, it happened by accident ... actually what the original arcade sprite has a shadow different than being converted to the Amstrad palette that gives me another color (which is also the most similar to the arcade) .... boh!  ::)

kinkotsu

Hello! I would like to show you some sprites that I've been drawing for a possible remake of Shinobi for Amstrad.
My dream is to someday play a remake of Shinobi like the R-Type one.
I hope you like it!

Gryzor

Welcome to our forum!

Great first post! I thought the sprites would need to be seen against game backgrounds to properly judge, but then I noticed a broken link in your post, so here's the final image:

[attachimg=1]

TotO

Nice. It is a hard task, but you are welcome to work on this game gfx.
We got the tools to update the game, as we said two years ago... (see the first post)
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

TFM

The feet really should be bigger, else they look like a Geisha! Good work nevertheless. Keep it going!  :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

kinkotsu

Thanks for the feedback!

For the moment I will continue drawing sprites regardless of the official version.
I think the proportions of the screen, stage and characters are not optimal, so I'm trying to be as faithful as possible to the arcade. Though I know that Shinobi for Amastrad is a great game, the feeling when playing is very different from the arcade... I would ever play the perfect Shinobi on an Amstrad  ;)

Here you can see the stage 1_1 (wip)

MacDeath

don't hesitate to use Black lines/shadows and ditherings. ;)

Fmtrx

Quote from: TotO on 09:28, 20 August 15
Nice. It is a hard task, but you are welcome to work on this game gfx.
We got the tools to update the game, as we said two years ago... (see the first post)

Hello all,

This is a very interesting project. I always thought that shinobi was a great port in CPC, just it looked different from the arcade.
I would like to ask what kind of tools did you use to modify the graphics of the game?
I would like to experiment with this process a bit.

Fmtrx

just released a remastered version of the game.

you can find it here:

https://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/games/shinobi-remaster-released/new/#new

cheers!