News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Keyboard Membranes

Started by RWAP, 20:50, 12 February 15

Previous topic - Next topic

retro_collector

I would like membranes for my 464 and 6128 plus

GUNHED

Well, and I need one for the 6128 keyboard. Any idea where to get one?
http://futureos.de --> Get the revolutionary FutureOS (Update: 2023.11.30)
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)

Audronic

Quote from: GUNHED on 22:09, 02 October 19
Well, and I need one for the 6128 keyboard. Any idea where to get one?

I also would like to Purchase 1 (One) for a CPC6128.

Thanks.  Ray
Procrastinators Unite,
If it Ain't Broke PLEASE Don't Fix it.
I keep telling you I am Not Pedantic.
As I Live " Down Under " I Take my Gravity Tablets and Wear my Magnetic Boots to Keep me from Falling off.

Skunkfish

Is it worth considering some sort of crowd sourcing campaign to ensure there is enough demand before commencing production?
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)

RWAP

The problem with anything like this is to get pricing right - I have done pre-orders on my sellmyretro.com website before, but people always ask "when will it be produced" and "how much will it cost" - the problem is that without knowing how many people are interested, both questions have no real answers!

After all, to make a production run worthwhile and keep costs reasonable, you need a minimum run of 250 membranes to be honest - but getting 250 people to place a pre-order for a membrane is like pulling teeth!

If I had the time and ability to create a video, I would do it through kickstarter or similar, but then you are adding their fees to the cost of producing the item so that just makes it too expensive

I will set up something on sellmyretro - does anyone have a picture of the various membranes?   

I would also need to borrow a membrane of each type to get some pricing guidance from the factory.

Lazy Dude

Would they give you a choice of different grades of plastic?

RWAP

Quote from: Lazy Dude on 15:30, 03 October 19
Would they give you a choice of different grades of plastic?

It depends on what you need it for - ideally the factory (UK based) would need original membranes and a keyboard to ensure everything aligns properly.  They would presumably use the same plastics they already use for my Sinclair, CPC and Amiga membranes - but if it needed to be more responsive, then they would look to use a thinner plastic.

Lazy Dude

That's good that you already know what materials they use. Takes away any guesswork with what they may think is ideal