News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Issues with the forum

Started by Gryzor, 11:33, 04 March 23

Previous topic - Next topic

poulette73

Hello,

Since today, I have messages "Database error" when connected to main page of the forum : https://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/index.php
If I reload, same error.
If I choose another link (Unread posts , for example), it works.

[EDIT] And now, 15 minutes later, I have a blank page with the following text :
Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Gryzor

Yeah that was a simple fix, no video required. Thanks. 

mahlemiut

Avatars look to be a bit broken currently.
- Barry Rodewald

Gryzor

Yup, was told last night, will fix this morning. Thanks! 

Animalgril987

Hi @Gryzor .
Default dark theme seems to be broken as well: homepage is now standard theme, some existing tabs are dark theme and new ones open in standard. ( Sorry ).

Gryzor

Quote from: Animalgril987 on 16:56, 25 July 23Hi @Gryzor .
Default dark theme seems to be broken as well: homepage is now standard theme, some existing tabs are dark theme and new ones open in standard. ( Sorry ).
Awwww crap,that's a bigger one I'm afraid...

I have a pretty good idea of where to start but it'll have to wait, as my vacation starts very soon. Sorry 😐

ComSoft6128

Quote from: Gryzor on 17:46, 25 July 23

I have a pretty good idea of where to start but it'll have to wait, as my vacation starts very soon. Sorry 😐
The Forum works, pretty much everything else is cosmetic.
Enjoy your vacation and try to avoid logging in when you should be relaxing!

Gryzor

Quote from: ComSoft6128 on 17:53, 25 July 23
Quote from: Gryzor on 17:46, 25 July 23

The Forum works, pretty much everything else is cosmetic.
Enjoy your vacation and try to avoid logging in when you should be relaxing!
Thanks, mate! The problem is I know it'll be eating me, but it's very very hard to work on the server by remote console on my phone 😟

Animalgril987

Sorry @Gryzor 😟. If I'd known you were on holibobs, I wouldn't have mentioned it.
It's not like it's a major issue. Have a great time!

Gryzor

Quote from: Animalgril987 on 20:55, 25 July 23Sorry @Gryzor 😟. If I'd known you were on holibobs, I wouldn't have mentioned it.
It's not like it's a major issue. Have a great time!
No no, thanks for bringing it up, wouldn't have found out because I don't use it myself!

XeNoMoRPH

my avatar has been lost in outer space!!  :o :o
your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

Gryzor

Quote from: XeNoMoRPH on 09:52, 04 August 23my avatar has been lost in outer space!!  :o :o
Read up😁

Gryzor

Phew, avatars seem to be fixed. Apologies to everyone, had to dig much much deeper than I thought till I found the culprit...

Gryzor

There's also a chance I fixed the themes issue, could you check and let me know?

robcfg

Gryzor

👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

norecess464

Yo @Gryzor 

Everything is SUPER SLOW for me to reach the wiki website. Sometimes, I even receive TIMEOUT response in my browser. It started this weekend, and now I feel it has become worse. 

Am I the only one?
My personal website: https://norecess.cpcscene.net
My current project is Sonic GX, a remake of Sonic the Hedgehog for the awesome Amstrad GX-4000 game console!

Richard_Lloyd

Richard
CPC464, CPC6128, PCW8512, PCW10, BSA & NSP

Gryzor

Gryzor

Yeah, I think in some functions it is, but not completely, right?

norecess464

Reaching https://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/recent/ took 2-3 seconds (tested 5 minutes ago. From Canada). 

This morning I replied to a post, wrote the complete message, clicked SAVE. Save took like 10 seconds, then I got the Timed Out message, got finally back to the page, and my message was cleared :( 
My personal website: https://norecess.cpcscene.net
My current project is Sonic GX, a remake of Sonic the Hedgehog for the awesome Amstrad GX-4000 game console!

Gryzor

Yeah that sucks when it happens :( There's the Save Draft option, though!

eto

just had a timeout when trying to access this thread ;-)

robcfg

Gryzor

Same here, God damnit, can't understand why... resources are fine on the server and nothing was changed...