News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Recent posts

Quote from: Solo Kazuki on Today at 06:35
Quote from: robcfg on Yesterday at 22:35I was taking a look at the Masarat Khatira .cpr file, and it contains large areas of 0xE5 bytes (which are probably because the file was created from a disk image), and 0xFF bytes, which would be the empty space.

Maybe we could trim those 0xFF bytes, but the question is, would these files still be recognizable and usable by emulators and hardware devices?
Why not? Good example is Hexavirus v0, where CPR have 49kB
https://www.cpc-power.com/index.php?page=detail&num=17197

If You made such trimmed image, I can check it with M4 board if this works.

I suspect Hexavirus was written specifically as a Plus cartridge, whereas the vast majority of CPRs are auto conversions from disk. It's possible they need to replicate all the disk structure to be guaranteed to work (or it might just have been the most convenient mechanism for faking disks). It's also possible the data is scattered across ROMs as a result of this and some emulators will fail to load a CPR if not all ROMs are in sequence (even though the CPR format allows it).

Quote from: robcfg on Yesterday at 22:35I was taking a look at the Masarat Khatira .cpr file, and it contains large areas of 0xE5 bytes (which are probably because the file was created from a disk image), and 0xFF bytes, which would be the empty space.

Maybe we could trim those 0xFF bytes, but the question is, would these files still be recognizable and usable by emulators and hardware devices?
Why not? Good example is Hexavirus v0, where CPR have 49kB
https://www.cpc-power.com/index.php?page=detail&num=17197

If You made such trimmed image, I can check it with M4 board if this works.
Games / Re: The Dark Knight [ wip ]
Last post by Jean-Marie - Today at 06:07
Chose the starting level (1 to 4) : POKE &478C,level
Last post by Jean-Marie - Today at 05:10
Great game : I've been playing it for hours! I needed a poke to complete it though :-[
Infinite energy : POKE &4A1D,0
The game returns the infamous Memory full error on 464. You'll have to edit line 630 in the basic loader, and delete MEMORY &7EFF.
Or use the following loader containing the magic poke :
6 name$="LOADER1"
7 name2$="LOADER2"
90 MODE 0:BORDER  0
100 GOSUB 400
181 GOSUB 820
255 GOTO 600
400 MEMORY &7EFF:IF PEEK(&BB5B)=0 THEN p=45530   ELSE p=47061
445 LOAD name$+".pal",&7F00:GOSUB 820:LOAD name$+".scr",&C000
446 GOSUB 700
447 GOSUB 700
600 IF PEEK(&BB5B)=0 THEN p=45530   ELSE p=47061
640 LOAD name2$+".pal",&7F00:GOSUB 820:LOAD name2$+".scr",&C000
645 LOAD"loader.bin",&BE80:POKE &BEA3,&C9:CALL &BE80
650 LOCATE 6,19:PEN 2:PRINT"Cheat? y/n"
660 c$=UPPER$(INKEY$):IF c$="" THEN 660
670 IF c$="Y" THEN POKE &4A1D,0
680 CALL &400
700 FOR J=1 TO 2000:NEXT
740 RETURN
820 MODE PEEK(&7F00):FOR a=0 TO 15:i=PEEK(&7F03+a*12):POKE p+a,i:POKE p+a+17,i:NEXT
830 RETURN

Last post by Gryzor - Today at 04:47
Quote from: ldaneels on Today at 04:38Did you buy the physical release of the game? I can't find any link to purchase it.
I'm definitely interested in this one...
No, the digital one. Probably no physical yet.
Last post by ldaneels - Today at 04:38
Did you buy the physical release of the game? I can't find any link to purchase it.
I'm definitely interested in this one...
S
Games / Re: Converted GX4000 .cpr - Th...
Last post by shacpc - Yesterday at 23:16
MASARAT KHATIRA from Altanerus Dog

(New conversions with loading screens, absent in my previous conversions)

INSTRUCTIONS

In main menu:
J1 B1 / J1 B2 start game

In game:

J1 Dpad to move
J1 B1 + J1 B2 exit game

Modifications for this GX4000 version:
    - Patched keys in menu pokes / menu game & reset
    - Translation to Spanish
    - Two CPR: English version & Spanish version.
   -  Used dsk version and infinite lives of Cyrille Ayor61
Quote from: Solo Kazuki on Yesterday at 17:31I found this already, but it's only converter, not optimizer/trimmer to CPRs. But thanks anyway for Your efforts.
That's why the process I told you has several steps. Step 2 is to use a HEX editor and identify, if you can trim the file. If that's the case, you can save a subset of the file or - if your hex editor is not capable of this - use a file splitter (e.g. https://github.com/dubasdey/File-Splitter sounds promising).

The last step then is to create a CPR again. 

I was taking a look at the Masarat Khatira .cpr file, and it contains large areas of 0xE5 bytes (which are probably because the file was created from a disk image), and 0xFF bytes, which would be the empty space.

A
Programming / Re: Fast way of deleting / res...
Last post by andycadley - Yesterday at 21:07
OUT (C),0 is technically an undocumented instruction so assemblers won't necessarily handle it. Also some CPU variants do OUT (C),255 instead so you never quite know (though all CPUs officially used in the CPC send 0).