General Category > Technical Support

The compatibility of the M4 card...

<< < (2/11) > >>

XeNoMoRPH:

--- Quote from: Shamice on 18:17, 28 October 19 ---Thanks for the previous link.I found a version of X-Out that works on the M4  :D cpccrackers.free.fr/Downloads/XOR/X-Out_XOR%284%29.rar
Is there a version of the R-Type Remake (128Kb) operational for the M4 card?

--- End quote ---
impossible, someone would have to check out the game to make it compatible with the M4

Duke:

--- Quote from: Mr. DVG on 18:26, 27 October 19 ---GAMES:

* Cabal
* Double Dragon (Binary Design-Virgin-Melbourne House)
* Double Dragon 2 - The Revenge (Virgin-Mastertronic)
* Double Dragon 3
* Dragon Spirit
* Final Fight
* Flimbo's Quest (Kino&Hufo version run with bug)
* Hudson Hawk
--- End quote ---
All of the above work in the (mainly) XOR versions from the Amstrad Games CD ->
http://www.amstrad.es/cpcgamescd/

Probably most of the games on the list are there and working (I stopped testing after those).
It's a must have collection for M4 board as almost all the games in it are proper cracked versions that work fine (may need modified lowerrom or set M4 rom as 7).

Mr. DVG:

--- Quote from: Duke on 08:15, 28 October 19 ---Please check this post, http://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/amstrad-cpc-hardware/amstrad-cpc-wifi/msg179137/#msg179137
Of course if you do not use the modified lowerrom or set M4 rom to 7, then many games wont work. Also they need 128KB, IIRC.

--- End quote ---

Ok, I realized I had some problems and maybe I'm not able to solve them due to lack of technical ability. I will try to make you understand my situation. I use the M4 without the online support. I prepared the M4 to work with the Targhan frontend, which allows you to access the list of games and upload them directly from there. The focal point is that I don't think I understand what it means to set the M4 with "modified lowerrom or set M4 rom to 7". Sorry for my obvious incapacity ... :(

villain:

--- Quote from: Duke on 20:23, 28 October 19 ---All of the above work in the (mainly) XOR versions from the Amstrad Games CD ->
http://www.amstrad.es/cpcgamescd/

--- End quote ---

Slightly off-topic, but does anybody know if there will ever be an updated version of the CPCGamesCD? @MiguelSky

Duke:

--- Quote from: Mr. DVG on 20:40, 28 October 19 ---Ok, I realized I had some problems and maybe I'm not able to solve them due to lack of technical ability. I will try to make you understand my situation. I use the M4 without the online support.

--- End quote ---
Ok, here is a modified lowerrom installer I just made. It is for CPC 6128 and it is the English lowerrom it installs.

Just copy the file to your microSD card and from Basic:
RUN"M4LOW-EN.BIN"

It will ask you to press M4 reset (or power cycle) when it's installed.

If anything goes wrong, put the microSD card into a PC and delete from folder M4 the files ROMCONFIG.BIN and ROMSLOTS.BIN to set it back to default settings.

If everything goes as planned it should have installed the modified lowerrom into romslot 31 and you can run all the games (almost) \o/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version