From CPCWiki - THE Amstrad CPC encyclopedia!
A printer by Amstrad. Basically the same hardware as the DMP2000. The DMP2000 was aimed at CPC users, the DMP3000 contains additional IBM character set, aimed at PC users.
For (detailed) general information about Amstrad/Scheider printers, see:
- Amstrad/Schneider Printer Models
- Amstrad/Schneider Printer Technical Specifications
- Amstrad/Schneider Printer Control Codes
- Amstrad/Schneider Printer Support for 7bit Printer Ports
- Amstrad/Schneider Printer Character Sets
- Amstrad/Schneider Printer Buttons and DIP Switches
- Amstrad/Schneider Printer Resources (User and Service Manuals, Datasheets, ROM-images)
- The Dart Scanner for DMP-Printers from Dart Electronics is a add-on for DMP2000/3000 printers, the scanner optics are attached to the printer head.
- DMP3000 announced in ACU Oct 1986, page 5.
- DMP2000/DMP3000 Adverts in ACU 87-04 page 7, ACU 87-05 page 49, ACU 87-06 page 23.
- Amstrad DMP3000 User Manual (Spanish)
- DMP3000/3160/3250di User Manual (English) (DMP3000/3160 manual from 1986) (plus preface with notes for CPC users from 1990) (unlike the French version, it doesn't include info on DMP3250di's RS232 DIP switches)
- Amstrad DMP3000/3160/3250di User Manual (French)
- Amstrad DMP2000,DMP3000,DMP4000 Service Manual (English) (hires) or (lowres) (caution: DMP3000-specific details are found only on the schematics page, not in the parts list)
- DMP3000 Service Manual (German)
- DMP3000 ROM Image (32K EPROM, not including the 4K ROM located inside of the CPU) (dumped from a spanish printer, but should be same for all countries)