Virtual Net 96
The Virtual Net 96 was developed by Wizcat. It is a combination of hard- and software, which was developed to connect two or more CPCs. The hardware consists of a simple transistor for each CPC and a wire which connects each CPC with another. Therefore, the data is transmitted serial to each CPC.
The software consists of applications or games which use the Virtual Net 96 routine pack. This collection of routines is able to transmit data with a speed of 60000 Baud.
See too Net Library.
- Power Tetris (Face Hugger)
- Shoulder Dash (Wizcat)
- Last Action Point (Wizcat)
- Turbo Ball (Bollaware)
- FutureOS provides minimal support (will be enhanced)
- Media:VN96.zip (documentation for Virtual Net 96, a network for Amstrad CPC, with ascii and gif plan of the hardware part and chat sample program)
- Soundplayer (Soundplayer+ was Virtual Net 96 a compatible card)