News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

CPC Mainboard Versions

Started by nocash, 14:52, 09 April 10

Previous topic - Next topic

robcfg

The MC0002C board is really interesting because I thought it was exclusive for the 472 and yours is a standard 464.

I'll include it in the Mainboard versions article.

Thanks!

Edit:I uploaded the 3 pictures to the article, nice pictures, btw!

dragon

I add a lite data,not exactly the motherboard,but,with entire cpc.

Probably,the cpcs that are made in corea,are made  in Gyeongsankbuk-do factory(orion factory the monitors at least 100% Insurance).

Gryzor

You think they might have some stock left? :D

dragon

QuoteYou think they might have some stock left? :D

No,beacause, in 2002,They create a subdivision dedicate to lcd,plasma etc.. panels and moved a little.

http://www.oriondisplay.net/ (here you can see the actual factory).

The esact direction in fabricacion cpcs in corea was:

165, KONGDAN-DONG, KUMI-SHI, KYONGBUK (the actual factory is same direction but 257-6 number).

But,you can ask for cpc cost-down made in tailand.The factory exists:

This:

236 Moo 2 Nongchark Banbung, Chonburi 20170 THAILAND (home of cpc cost-down :) .

All amstrad computers,cpc,pc,pcw printers that are made in corea o thailand,are produced by orion in their  factories. The printers made in hong kong,Are made in amstrad factory.

Gryzor

I'll keep that in mind on my next trip to Thai :D

arnoldemu

for fdc, 8255 and Z80 I have added the part numbers used. I looked at the existing pictures on the wiki.
There *may* be some minor differences between them or there may be none.

It seems there is a difference between NMOS and CMOS Z80 in the undocumented OUT (C),0 instruction. On NMOS it actually does OUT (C),&ff.

My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

SyX

Quote from: arnoldemu on 09:42, 19 July 11It seems there is a difference between NMOS and CMOS Z80 in the undocumented OUT (C),0 instruction. On NMOS it actually does OUT (C),&ff.
Yes, i read that in an old doc, but i thought that there is not any CPC using a NMOS Z80. Is this supposition correct?

dragon

I add a little unkow information related to pcw series.The amstrad pcw rangue uses a nec gate array,probably a nec version cmos-2 or cmos 3 or cmos-4 series.

Disafortunly.In the world wide web.I only can found the datasheet of cmos-2.

But,its useful,because it explan how read the serial of chip.Thats  feauture is equal in all series of nec gate array.

So in the motherboard of pcw in cpc wiki picture.The number in the asic chips=lote of production.

http://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/view/115557/NEC/UPD65000.html

http://www2.renesas.com/maps_download/pdf/A19156EJ1V0IF00.pdf (view table 2.1)

Bryce

Quote from: SyX on 17:49, 20 July 11
Yes, i read that in an old doc, but i thought that there is not any CPC using a NMOS Z80. Is this supposition correct?

The original NMOS Z80s were in the typical white casing and they also only went up to 2.5Mhz. The CPC only ever used the CMOS Z80A, which went up to 4Mhz. An NMOS Z80 wouldn't work in a CPC.

Bryce.

SyX

Thanks Bryce, i use a lot the "OUT (C),0", it's recorded in my mind, because it's very useful for rasters, sound and keyboard routines, and i would hate to use an alternative (SLOW) way :P

PD:Now, could we attach this z80 to the CPC???

68k-dude

Quote from: SyX on 14:35, 21 November 11
PD:Now, could we attach this z80 to the CPC???

I have a good two part epoxy that we could use.  The little blighter wouldn't ever get away. :)

TFM

I doubt the glass Z80 contains all the undocumented or even illegal instructions though :blank:
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

SyX

In that case, we will need to request at Sharp samples for testing ;)

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Bryce

I don't think I'd want a glass Z80 on my CPC, I'd feel my CPC was using Windows :D

Bryce. 

MacDeath

There, have a glass of Z80... a good millésime IMO.

xesrjb

,,The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice from the palace has the brew that is true."

TFM

Quote from: Bryce on 09:57, 24 November 11
I don't think I'd want a glass Z80 on my CPC, I'd feel my CPC was using Windows :D

Bryce.

Haha, indeed, but the CPC would be faster though  :laugh:

Quote from: MacDeath on 11:44, 24 November 11
There, have a glass of Z80... a good millésime IMO.

Right, I heart you get the most tasty in France  ;)
TFM of FutureSoft

dragon

About my motherboard :) : http://cpcwiki.eu/index.php/File:AmstradCPC464_Z70375_MC0044D_GA40010_PCB_Bottom.jpg

Anyone know the use of the red Wire in the two chips of ram?.

Bryce

Yes, it's Adress line 3 (A3). Either the board was damaged and needed to be repaired or there was a mistake made in the layout and needed to be reworked.

Bryce.

Edit: I just took a look at the top of the board and realised that someone has done major IC replacement on it, so I assume they tore a track while doing so. ie: It's a damaged track, not a layout error.

dragon

Years ago the motherboard is broken(overvoltage)The mother board is repaired by the official amstrad repair service.I remember the phone call("we found the piece broken 60e equivalent to repair ir").I'm beginning to think that they were useless.After the repair,the cpc never charge the games well.I had to return a lot of games in their day to stores.Because it not load.

Who can imagine. They can destroy a layout in the motherboard to repair them lol.

I not see the bacwards of the motherboard,until it has been scanned.

Bryce

Well €60 for that repair isn't bad, they replaced all the RAM, the CRTC, the Gate array and the ROM (The CPU may have been replaced too). So the price is actually quite good considering the time they would need to do this. Removing ICs isn't easy, so tearing a track can easily happen if you lift the IC too soon or heat the pin a bit too much.
The loading problems are unlikely to be related to the over-voltage or repair. Most likely just a badly adjusted or dirty tape head.

Strange that they used MME2164 RAM instead of the original KM4164. It's an exact equivalent, but I would have thought that 4164 would have been easier to source.

Bryce.

dragon

I not sure,maybe is the range year 90-94 when it is  repaired.I search the datasheet of ram,but not lucky.Maybe they use the only ram they can found. :P

Bryce

The 2164 is identical to the 4164, same pinout, timings etc. So you can use the 4164 Datasheet for reference.

The 2164 was the Eastern Block (GDR, USSR) version of the 4164 and datasheets for these are pretty difficult (if not impossible) to find. Even back in the 90's it's unusual for a western repair shop to be using eastern components.

Bryce.

ralferoo

Quote from: Bryce on 14:33, 11 July 12
The 2164 was the Eastern Block (GDR, USSR) version of the 4164 and datasheets for these are pretty difficult (if not impossible) to find. Even back in the 90's it's unusual for a western repair shop to be using eastern components.
Proof that Bryce really does know everything... ;)